5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Apparently FIFA is threatening action against England fans for pro-Brexit chants during Belgium match.

It seems nationalism is fine unless it's English nationalism or Britishness.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

Link please

I could provide it but it might look like I give a shit that you can't manage to do a simple news search. So I'll give you this instead... cheers

886703528_Fuckoff.jpg.9b999d0eb48dea40a02f552979592ebf.jpg

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Always. And as we know, there's nothing political about FIFA ??

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

The headline is a non-story designed to stoke anger and make people react accordingly, eg. yourself, in the post I quote.

It's little wonder Bill didn't provide a link, the story behind the line was embarrassingly flimsy.

Edited by buster.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

They did get pulled up for singing 10 German bombers fairly recently.

It's a gradual process.

The manufactured non-story/headline about Brexit chants is what it is,...agenda driven confrontational propaganda designed to make people angry.

You could say that is just another part of a process.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

“English football”

Wtf?

Though people have kicked animal bladders around since time's beginning the English were the first to formalize and codify the game we see today. Cambridge Rules of 1848 and subsequently, the FA (1870's? too lazy) gave us the start of the modern game. They wrote the book on it...to them go the honor.

20 minutes ago, buster. said:

The manufactured non-story/headline about Brexit chants is what it is,...agenda driven confrontational propaganda designed to make people angry.

You could say that is just another part of a process.

The press has always been about selling papers albeit now it's about getting clicks.

I'm talking about legislation, laws, legalities and the like.  A bit more serious...

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

The press has always been about selling papers albeit now it's about getting clicks.

I'm talking about legislation, laws, legalities and the like.  A bit more serious...

This is about political agenda more than commerce and you provided a live example of what the headline was designed to push.

If you want to raise a different point, feel free to start a thread.