Gersnet World Cup Prediction League: Round 2

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

And on next week's edition of Country File, pete and Bill will be discussing pitch forks and suitable undergarments for hiking.

?

I know DB gets annoyed when threads stray but i actually enjoy it for a short time. It is the same as everything if it is interesting it is accepted if not you have the thread police on your door.?

Say what you like but for general use around the farm the 2-pronged pitchfork is adaptable to almost any application except spearing horse flies, for which it is f**king useless.

IMG_0634.JPG

Most gained points for the France game, while very few gained any for the other two. 

Interestingly, those that got points for the Denmark-Australia game picked up a Correct Score: Rousseau, lenny, Gonzo, Yorkie, buster and UKCrazyhorse - Whosthedado picked up 1 point for the Correct Result.

Everyone bar two gained points in the France-Peru game, with Gonzo picking up an extra point for applying his joker. No Correct Scores.

In the Argentina-Croatia game, Gaffer, Barebear, UKCrazhyorse and Malangsob picked up 1 point for the Correct Result. No Correct Scores, or Joker points. 

There's a bit of a gap opening up at the top, but it's a close mid-table. 

Latest Standings:

So many predictions 2-0, 3-0, etc but.......only FIVE games thus far have had more than one goal seperating the teams.

Two of the unfancied teams have each done it twice.

Russia, 5-1 and 3-1

Croatia, 2-0 and 3-0.

Belguim 3-0

Russia will come up against Spain or Portugal in the last 16, could they ?

Mark Lawrenson's predictions (BBC) would have secured him 19 points (without joker) thus far.

If we give him an extra point for the joker he'd be on 20, the same as Rousseau.

Does anyone think he looks like him as well :whistle: :D

9 minutes ago, buster. said:

Mark Lawrenson's predictions (BBC) would have secured him 19 points (without joker) thus far.

If we give him an extra point for the joker he'd be on 20, the same as Rousseau.

Does anyone think he looks like him as well :whistle: :D

Great minds...

giphy.gif

I've got Brazil down to score three, I must have been on LSD when making my predictions.

Going by the first-half, they could play until next Wednesday afternoon and not score any.

NeyMare isn't at it and they miss Alves down the right.