Dorrans returns to Scotland for 'scheduled' knee scan

If it's a scheduled scan, it's either nothing much to worry about, or we're getting REALLY good at predicting injuries.  

Given that there are only a few days left in Spain, it probably wouldn't be worthwhile flying him back out.

Jordan Milsom has stated today that the conditioning work is tailored to enable players to play a fifty to sixty game season. There are a few current squad members who would struggle to complete that many games and Graham is one of them.

If he has picked up a new injury running or doing balancing work or if this is a recurrence of his previous knock, then he could be about to be deemed surplus to requirements. The scheduled scan stuff could also be diversionary, but until something is confirmed either way, I wouldn't draw any conclusions from the news that he has left the training camp.

On 22/06/2018 at 09:49, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

4LHAD tweeted earlier that it was just a scheduled scan on his knee and nothing to worry about.

It wasn't a scheduled scan.

------------------------------------------------

STEVEN GERRARD is confident Graham Dorrans won’t face another lengthy spell on the sidelines following a scan on a knee knock.............Dorrans returned home on Thursday to undergo tests after feeling discomfort whilst being put through in paes on the continent.

Full article and info

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/16310619.Rangers_boss_Steven_Gerrard_confirms_Graham_Dorrans__39__knee_injury_is_not_serious_after_scan/?ref=twtrec

39 minutes ago, buster. said:

It wasn't a scheduled scan.

------------------------------------------------

STEVEN GERRARD is confident Graham Dorrans won’t face another lengthy spell on the sidelines following a scan on a knee knock.............Dorrans returned home on Thursday to undergo tests after feeling discomfort whilst being put through in paes on the continent.

Full article and info

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/16310619.Rangers_boss_Steven_Gerrard_confirms_Graham_Dorrans__39__knee_injury_is_not_serious_after_scan/?ref=twtrec

Fair do's. I guess 4LHAD (and me) can get it wrong sometimes.

Just now, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

Fair do's. I guess 4LHAD (and me) can get it wrong sometimes.

No big deal, it's most probably down to 'the source' who has provided imperfect info.

The positive is the scan seems to have gone ok but after observing optimistic public pronoucements on our players injuries over the years, I'll wait to see what happens rather than take it as read.

18 hours ago, Frankie said:

4LHAD provide an update on this on the latest Gersnrt pod (hopefully out tomorrow am).  :thup:

If the 'new' niggle or whatever is in the same place as the recent injury which he came back from ahead of schedule then the obvious question for the medical staff is....did you give the go-ahead too early ?

Not the first time I've questioned what comes from that area of the club and it was interesting to hear we now do our medicals for incoming players in Manchester. On the face of it, seems a strange way of doing things wrt logistics although there must be a solid reason.

Edited by buster.