Stuart Armstrong ‘given permission’ to speak to Southampton after clubs agree £7million transfer fee

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Who would give them anything for broonaldo? He's contracted till May next year. I suppose somebody might take him on a freebie as a sort of stocking filler.  

GS's point is that it is strange from a Celtic perspective, not Southampton.

Plus, his point, I assume is that a) Armstrong is a better player than Brown and b) that Brown is also a fair bit older and entering his twilight.

2 hours ago, Oleg_Mcnoleg said:

think Armstrong wants away.

Apparently he wanted away last year but Rodgers convinced him to sign an extension and promised him a move to the EPL when the time came around.

7 hours ago, craig said:

Apparently he wanted away last year but Rodgers convinced him to sign an extension and promised him a move to the EPL when the time came around.

Had a dial liked a skelped erse this season, after being one of their stand-outs the previous one. 

Talk of a sell-on clause netting Dundee Utd between 400-500K

It was said that the clause was 10% of any profit

7M - 1.6M = 5.4M

If it's possible to look at the clubs financials next year, we may get a better idea of the truth.

Although even that is difficult given payments will be staggered.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-united-to-get-six-figure-sum-as-stuart-armstrong-completes-move-from-celtic-to-southampton/

On 27/06/2018 at 20:17, the gunslinger said:

Seems strange they are keeping

Brown and dumping Armstrong

For all the reports about how amazing Broonaldo is, how much interest has been shown in him from anywhere???

With any other player, if they are playing well, rumours start to fly around about different clubs being interested, keeping tabs, scouting them etc.  However, I can't recall ANY such rumours or reports about Broonaldo - maybe he's just too good for any other club to be interested???

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

For all the reports about how amazing Broonaldo is, how much interest has been shown in him from anywhere???

With any other player, if they are playing well, rumours start to fly around about different clubs being interested, keeping tabs, scouting them etc.  However, I can't recall ANY such rumours or reports about Broonaldo - maybe he's just too good for any other club to be interested???

To my knowledge  there has never been any EPL interest in him and you can be guaranteed that if they had ever come in with an offer like this one he would have been gone. They're patently looking for something more than a 'stare'