Gersnet World Cup Prediction League: Last 16

I'm conflicted on today's games. Ideally France and Argentina would both lose, with Uruguay and Portugal both going through. Can't see it but with VAR anything seems possible.

France-Argentina is a tricky one.

France have been unconvincing; they have quality players, but they have been solid, untroubled and, crucially, have got the job done. 

Argentina have been rubbish, but they have Messi.

It looks like Messi has told the manager to line the team up in a 4-3-3 today, with himself playing as a False-9; it's geared around Messi. If he turns up, they can win.

Saying that, I've went with France, 1-0. :D 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

France-Argentina is a tricky one.

France have been unconvincing; they have quality players, but they have been solid, untroubled and, crucially, have got the job done. 

Argentina have been rubbish, but they have Messi.

It looks like Messi has told the manager to line the team up in a 4-3-3 today, with himself playing as a False-9; it's geared around Messi. If he turns up, they can win.

Saying that, I've went with France, 1-0. :D 

Messi has been totally crap and looks totally disinterested. How anyone can think he is better than Johan Cruijff just baffles me.

Fewer than I expected went with France.

Unsurprisingly, no one got a Correct Score!

Rousseau, compo, Craig, Franc, CD, Gaffer, buster, dB, r_s, coop and TB gained 1 point for the Correct Result.

Latest Standings:

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

I feel a bit guilty taking a point for that after predicting a dour game :redface:

I thought the same.

I feel the next one will be the same, so another goal fest?