Gersnet World Cup Prediction League: Last 16

59 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Mid 30s, Bill.

I'm above you and that's all that really matters.

Pride comes before a fall.

Anyway, I've seen the games you still have to play and reckon my run in is considerably easier. 

Quietly confident. ?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

What points do you think are needed to be safe from relegation?

Relegation only if we introduce a second tier though. As of now, we are all safe. Then again, Rousseau may decide to do a SPL and remove your share ... ?

Edited by der Berliner

15 hours ago, pete said:

3 world cups i believe and not scored a goal and been a flop in every one. Messi is nowhere near Cruijff's level.

The only thing he did better than Cruijff is that he went to the world Cup where Cruijff reneged to go. A pity as Holland would have won it probably twice.

Sorry the Shrink part was just a saying and not meant to be taken serious. Although sometimes I do wonder.:D

Your first sentence immediately makes the rest of your post pointless.  “3 world cups and not scored a goal”....  go back, think about it a while, and come back when you can actually get things correct.

how about the Nigeria game 5 days ago as just one example...

if you you are going to GUESS how Holland would have done with cruyff in the team then maybe I should also say “if Messi has decent team mates he would have won the World Cup twice”.  Doesn’t work like that and you should know that.

you think Cruyff was better than Messi, as is your prerogative.  I disagree and think Messi is better.

Either way, both were mercurial talents who we were lucky enough to witness, but using one against the other (as you did) is only a subjective opinion.

Touchy:D

Okay he played in 4 world cups. 18 games and scored 6 goals.

Not great for a world beater and he does totally nothing if he is not on the ball. You can also think that he is only good at Barcelona because of the class of players he has around him that do all the work for him. Anyway I don't know much about Spanish football as it doesn't interested me in the least so I won't go into a discussion about it 

Your right it is my prerogative how I think and it is only my opinion

I've lost count the number of times in the past I've willed Spain to lose games, which they inevitably win. Today I was willing them to sneak it 2-1, as I had that prediction, but they let me down. 

Pleased to see them go out, and for Russia to go through.

18 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I've lost count the number of times in the past I've willed Spain to lose games, which they inevitably win. Today I was willing them to sneak it 2-1, as I had that prediction, but they let me down. 

Pleased to see them go out, and for Russia to go through.

Why? That was anti-football from Russia which I seem to remember both Greece at Euro and ourselves en route to Manchester getting pilloried for.

4 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Why? That was anti-football from Russia which I seem to remember both Greece at Euro and ourselves en route to Manchester getting pilloried for.

Because they let me down Coop! I was on for a Correct Score for a 2-1 victory! B*astards. :D 

I agree, but it opens up the tournament. I wasn't fussed either way, apart from my prediction.