Gersnet World Cup Prediction League: Last 16

1 hour ago, craig said:

Was a red IMO.

Not in a month of Sundays. He barely touched the actor. In fact, the German commentator was almost gasping for breath when the reaplay was shown ... because of the hysterics by Neymar that is.

48 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm not wrong in saying UKCrazyhorse and Malangsob have been the best thus far. 

I've snuck in there with a couple of Correct Scores recently, but that won't last. 

AP Press....As expected, Rousseau, the experienced tipster on Gersnet has timed his WC run with care and despite being a point behind a newcomer is now installed as favourite for the crown.

:D

23 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Not in a month of Sundays. He barely touched the actor. In fact, the German commentator was almost gasping for breath when the reaplay was shown ... because of the hysterics by Neymar that is.

Doesn't matter if he barely touched him or not.  The fact he DID touch him and the fact he had intent meant it was a red card.  Dislike Neymar all you want - that doesn't give anyone the right to ignore the rules of the game.

Watch it again, and try to watch it with an "anti-Neymar" bias - and you can see that it was clearly a sly stamp on him.  Theatrics or not, it was a red card. Obviously, IMO.  But if you see that happen against a Rangers player this season I am guaranteeing you right now that you are screaming for a red card.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I just saw the red card incident.  He should have yellow carded the Mexican and sent off Neymar.

Embarrassing to watch.

Amazing predictions for today's games . What a pity you got both scores correct but in the wrong games ... ahahahahahahahagiphy.gif

4 hours ago, craig said:

Doesn't matter if he barely touched him or not.  The fact he DID touch him and the fact he had intent meant it was a red card.  Dislike Neymar all you want - that doesn't give anyone the right to ignore the rules of the game.

Watch it again, and try to watch it with an "anti-Neymar" bias - and you can see that it was clearly a sly stamp on him.  Theatrics or not, it was a red card. Obviously, IMO.  But if you see that happen against a Rangers player this season I am guaranteeing you right now that you are screaming for a red card.

No I wouldn't. Yes, he stepped on his ankle, lightly. Intentional? Who knows. Thing here is, the ref saw it, the linesman was nearby, as was the 4th official. The VAR chaps saw it too ... and nothing was given. One or two may err, but the whole host of them? The theatrics by Neymar won't change that or my opinion on it. 

You wonder what would have happened when yesterday's teams had been paired with today's. Japan fought cleverly and valiantly, as did the Mexicans. And now with Brazil taking on Belgium another "big gun" will bite the bullet.

12 hours ago, buster. said:

AP Press....As expected, Rousseau, the experienced tipster on Gersnet has timed his WC run with care and despite being a point behind a newcomer is now installed as favourite for the crown.

:D

Under-promise and over-deliver... :cool: 

#GPLIsComingHome

giphy.gif