[FT] Rangers 2 (Murphy 23; Tavernier 90+2 pen) - 0 FC Shkupi

9 hours ago, trublusince1982 said:

Just watched it again on RTV. We were better than it felt at the game. Thought we really needed a creative mid but tbf we had loads of chances.

Windass missed four pretty easy chances from couple of yards, Goldson from a couple of yards the usual Morelos miss plus a couple of chances where play broke down at pivitol moments. Cut back to arfield being one that was put behind him instead of Infront plus should have had another penalty. Should have been six or seven nil and would be on another night.

We should sign their left back ndong, he only cost them 60000 euros!!

Buying players that play 1 good game against us has been our Achilles heel for years.

11 hours ago, trublusince1982 said:

Just watched it again on RTV. We were better than it felt at the game. Thought we really needed a creative mid but tbf we had loads of chances.

Windass missed four pretty easy chances from couple of yards, Goldson from a couple of yards the usual Morelos miss plus a couple of chances where play broke down at pivitol moments. Cut back to arfield being one that was put behind him instead of Infront plus should have had another penalty. Should have been six or seven nil and would be on another night.

Was it not Basilio? Or is that the same guy?

I thought the same when I saw him: sign him! :D 

Edit: His name is Basilio Owono, and he's a Left-winger, Left-Midfielder, Left-back. 19 years-old. It looked like he had the pace and strength to play anywhere along that flank.

2 hours ago, trublusince1982 said:

Stolen from a FF poster

Probably the best analysis of one of our games I've ever seen. Highly recommend. 

https://spielverlagerung.com/2018/07/13/comfortable-european-victory-in-gerrards-rangers-debut/

Yes, I read that site quite a lot, but it's very rare to see them cover Rangers games. I can see a few glazing over at it, though.

Love it!

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Was it not Basilio? Or is that the same guy?

I thought the same when I saw him: sign him! :D 

Edit: His name is Basilio Owono, and he's a Left-winger, Left-Midfielder, Left-back. 19 years-old. It looked like he had the pace and strength to play anywhere along that flank.

Yeah that's him the commentators throughout called him ndong but he had Basilio on his back. Guessing long four part name??

Good little player

Edited by trublusince1982

16 hours ago, trublusince1982 said:

The fact it looked different on TV may have been why there was so much disagreement on it here afterwards. I watched it on TV and what I saw was us swarming all over them creating enough good chances to win several matches comfortably.

As you say on another night it could have been six or seven nil and hopefully that's what happens in the away leg. Though just one should be enough to clinch it.