[FT] Rangers 2 (Murphy 23; Tavernier 90+2 pen) - 0 FC Shkupi

The side out there last night are a million miles away from challenging Celtic. It’s actually quite depressing to see Morelos, Windass etc still involved. I don’t think Murphy’s good enough either.

Our squad needs significant investment.
Ssdd

24 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:
19 hours ago, cooponthewing said:
That was the first time I have seen a rangers player bless themselves going onto the pitch. Times have changed indeed.

Happened loads over the years. Kyriacos arvaladze

Didn’t say they was anything wrong with it. You see every Tom, Dick and Harry do it these days. I just haven’t noticed anyone do it at Ibrox (maybe I wasn’t looking?).

The whole pointing to the sky thing too? Just get on with the game pal.... Just seems religious claptrap to me. Then again I’m not religious but that’s for another thread.

3 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

The whole pointing to the sky thing too? Just get on with the game pal.... Just seems religious claptrap to me. Then again I’m not religious but that’s for another thread.

The pointing at the sky thing and the love heart celebrations do my nut in.

"Your only God is money, pal - give that patter a rest.".

11 hours ago, pete said:

I fear for McCrorie when Rossiter comes back. It is starting to look like he is not good enough for Centre-half and not creative enough for the midfield. He is only 19 though so maybe that is unfair.

I don't think it is Rossiter who will keep McCrorie out of the team.

More likely to be Coulibaly, if anybody.

Gif unrelated

giphy.gif

I'm so pleased the season is back in full swing.  I miss the football chat, the debates, the arguments, the tactics, the banter, the opinions, the facts.  BRILLIANT!!!!  And of course, don't forget the gifs.  Where would we be without them.

We are now at 35 pages just 24 hours after our first game of the season.  What we've concluded in this thread is that Windass should be sold for 60k, or he should be the focal point of our attack.  We've also concluded that the team is looking really good, or they're useless and we are just as bad as last season.  We've concluded that right wingers should track back to cover the left winger, either that or he's only there to track back to cover the left back.  We've concluded that Rousseau's love for Windass is unmatched, or it's actually surpassed by Craig's love for KT.  So, all in all we've agreed on nothing.

What I'm sure we all can agree on is that our opinions on Rangers are varied and in some cases we have completely opposite views after watching the same match.  But that's what makes this forum so enjoyable.

Anyway, that's enough of a time out, now let's get back to business ....

How much should we sell Windass for?

Who should track back?

Can Middleton displace someone for a starting slot?

Who is our best holding midfielder?

Who is prettier, Kevin Thomson or Josh Windass?

Ding ding.  Round 2.

Edited by Gaffer

We have to remember SG has a huge task on his hands here, it's ok him wanting players to do the things he wants but another thing getting them to do it! he is new to management and I think this is where he will find it toughest and he needs to get the players believing in what/how he wants to play, even if the players buy into it can they produce? it's so easy to say ''play like this or your out'' but not so easy to do that, quality players are required but also getting the best out of the players he has is also a major task/objective, time will tell obviously but we need to get up to speed for the league games starting, I think we are in for more ups and downs for a wee while yet!.

Just watched it again on RTV. We were better than it felt at the game. Thought we really needed a creative mid but tbf we had loads of chances.

Windass missed four pretty easy chances from couple of yards, Goldson from a couple of yards the usual Morelos miss plus a couple of chances where play broke down at pivitol moments. Cut back to arfield being one that was put behind him instead of Infront plus should have had another penalty. Should have been six or seven nil and would be on another night.

We should sign their left back ndong, he only cost them 60000 euros!!

Edited by trublusince1982