[FT] Rangers 2 (Murphy 23; Tavernier 90+2 pen) - 0 FC Shkupi

Just now, craig said:

An interesting thing that I was told on Wednesday evening after the England WC game....  One of my friends out here in Bermuda was on holiday with his parents at the resort where the team were training.  He got talking to someone else at the camp (someone very close to a first team squad member...) and he told me that Morelos showed up at the training camp carrying DOUBLE the body fat he was expected to be carrying.  Was given 4 weeks to sort it out.  My friend also said that he was, by far, the laziest player at the training camp.  Docherty, after all testing, was the fittest.

I dont know anything about that but from what I've gathered from various RTV and interviews it was between Docherty and Rossiter for the fitest players.

Just now, Big Jaws said:

I dont know anything about that but from what I've gathered from various RTV and interviews it was between Docherty and Rossiter for the fitest players.

Came from someone who was actually at the resort and some people involved at the club were comfortable talking about the results of the fitness tests, including players.

1 minute ago, craig said:

"60 grand player" :D  Thankfully you aren't dealing with outgoing transfer dealings at Rangers.  60 grand, nonsense.

Thats what we got him for and as far as I'm concerned selling him for anything over 300k would be a decent return. If you rate him higher then thats up to you.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

An interesting thing that I was told on Wednesday evening after the England WC game....  One of my friends out here in Bermuda was on holiday with his parents at the resort where the team were training.  He got talking to someone else at the camp (someone very close to a first team squad member...) and he told me that Morelos showed up at the training camp carrying DOUBLE the body fat he was expected to be carrying.  Was given 4 weeks to sort it out.  My friend also said that he was, by far, the laziest player at the training camp.  Docherty, after all testing, was the fittest.

Was confirmed on the training vids that  docherty was leading the pack fitness wise,, was down to him and rossiter.

Also one of the videos you can see Morelos just walk off when one of the new coaches is talking to him and giving instruction. The look on the guy's face said it all. Lost my faith of him after seeing that.

Just now, Big Jaws said:

Thats what we got him for and as far as I'm concerned selling him for anything over 300k would be a decent return. If you rate him higher then thats up to you.

Doesn't matter how highly I rate him, or indeed how highly you rate him.

If, as many of our fans hope, he leaves then I guess we will find out just how close you are to your valuation of him - but at 60 grand I am willing to bet we get far in advance of even 20 times that for him.

Not rating him doesn't mean you have to lack objectivity.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

According to some he works his socks off in games......Would not be surprised by this as he never looks interested. This is the guy we are pinning our goal scoring hopes on?

Just now, craig said:

Doesn't matter how highly I rate him, or indeed how highly you rate him.

If, as many of our fans hope, he leaves then I guess we will find out just how close you are to your valuation of him - but at 60 grand I am willing to bet we get far in advance of even 20 times that for him.

Not rating him doesn't mean you have to lack objectivity.

Would hope for £2-£3m if going back down south due to the idiocy of their spending rather than worth, but don't think there has been any interest or enquiry. Just a nonsense paper rumour about Cardiff

11 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

It was Candeias that kept the ball in play after that he slipped Tav in through two tracking defenders. if Candeias isn't lightning quick to that ball then nothing happens. Josh Windass may have made the clearance, his tracking back there is where Candeias would have been if he was playing in his normal winger role, he made many other attempts like that all night that were mopped up by the opposition and his attempts to take on the LB were laughable. Rousseau argues he was just quicker... no he wasn't he was smarter, stronger and quicker and Windass body language said it all when he was given the ball and asked to beat him... he knew he couldn't. I've had enough of Josh Windass he's a 60 grand player and will do well for his new club in league one or two down south... thanks very much and buh bye son! 

You make some good points, then you just embarrass yourself. 

8 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

It was Candeias that kept the ball in play after that he slipped Tav in through two tracking defenders. if Candeias isn't lightning quick to that ball then nothing happens. Josh Windass may have made the clearance, his tracking back there is where Candeias would have been if he was playing in his normal winger role, he made many other attempts like that all night that were mopped up by the opposition and his attempts to take on the LB were laughable. Rousseau argues he was just quicker... no he wasn't he was smarter, stronger and quicker and Windass body language said it all when he was given the ball and asked to beat him... he knew he couldn't. I've had enough of Josh Windass he's a 60 grand player and will do well for his new club in league one or two down south... thanks very much and buh bye son! 

Looks more like Tav who gets to the ball, Candeias then picks it up and plays a nice pass to a forward running Tav, who then picks a good ball to Murphy.

Well done to both Tav & Candeias,...sorry, forgot about Murphy :whistle:

All right, Windass aswell :D

2 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

According to some he works his socks off in games......Would not be surprised by this as he never looks interested. This is the guy we are pinning our goal scoring hopes on?

I would hope we were pinning our goal scoring hopes on the striker. 

A midfielder that gets around 20 goals is doing very well indeed.