[FT] Rangers 2 (Murphy 23; Tavernier 90+2 pen) - 0 FC Shkupi

Just now, cooponthewing said:

According to some he works his socks off in games......Would not be surprised by this as he never looks interested. This is the guy we are pinning our goal scoring hopes on?

Morelos started very, very well for us.  However, since the turn of the year and the Chinese bid, he has been completely off the boil.  Not only that but his decision-making has been poor (actually thought it was better last night) but he is most definitely not a natural finisher.  Sure, he was our top scorer last season, but how many were goals that you thought "wow, that was fantastic finishing from there" ?  I'd guess at not many.

We desperately need an Ally McCoist or even a Kris Boyd (can't believe I said that :D ) because either of those two would be scoring for fun in this Rangers team and we wouldn't be having nearly as many squeaky bum moments.

with each passing game I am wishing more and more we had taken the Chinese money..... I am now just hoping, rather than expecting, that Morelos comes good.

Just now, buster. said:

Looks more like Tav who gets to the ball, Candeias then picks it up and plays a nice pass to a forward running Tav, who then picks a good ball to Murphy.

Well done to both Tav & Candeias,...sorry, forgot about Murphy :whistle:

All right, Windass aswell :D

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, craig said:

Whilst it may have been a hopeful clearance.... I don't see enough people giving him credit for one of the things they constantly lambast him for... his lack of workrate... he not only covered for Candeias but also Tavernier - Windass in the right back position covering defensively ?  Where are all the haters thanking him for cutting off a potentially dangerous attack from out opponents ?  Nope.... his clearance was just a hopeful hoof.

I'm pretty sure I am correct - Windass is our new Alan Hutton or Charlie Adam.  Cant do ANYTHING right in some people's eyes (not yours buster, just generally).

In the context of the goal, it was a hopeful clearance that Tav and Candeias managed to make into something beautiful.

I'd hope that workrate is a given for all players and that if they don't show it, SG will point to the door.

Just now, craig said:

Doesn't matter how highly I rate him, or indeed how highly you rate him.

If, as many of our fans hope, he leaves then I guess we will find out just how close you are to your valuation of him - but at 60 grand I am willing to bet we get far in advance of even 20 times that for him.

Not rating him doesn't mean you have to lack objectivity.

I am being objective. We bought him for £60k as a prospect. We've had him for 2 seasons since a pre=season contract for the start of 16-17 season he's improved as far as I think he can. I think he shows great ability at times but something isn't right with him he lacks consistency and if the rumours are true he's also like this in training sometimes brilliant and other times garbage. To me he's not desperate enough or as SG puts it hungry enough.

1 minute ago, Big Jaws said:

I am being objective. We bought him for £60k as a prospect. We've had him for 2 seasons since a pre=season contract for the start of 16-17 season he's improved as far as I think he can. I think he shows great ability at times but something isn't right with him he lacks consistency and if the rumours are true he's also like this in training sometimes brilliant and other times garbage. To me he's not desperate enough or as SG puts it hungry enough.

I don't think either of us are being objective, though I think I am being more objective than you :D 

Being serious, do you honestly think that 300k is being objective for a guy that has played in the top tier in Scotland for one of its largest teams, having scored 20 goals in a season from midfield, whilst the team generally has struggled, is a 300k player ?  Maybe you do.  I personally just think it is massively under-selling the player.  And that is regardless of whether or not the English market is crazy.

I would be expecting to get 300k for even a Ryan Hardie - we got 600k for a 16 yr old Billy Gilmour and whilst I admit that isn't a like-for-like comparison and Chelsea bought talent.... the reality is that Windass is an established first teamer who has been scoring goals from midfield.  Definitely worth significantly more than 300k.

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You make some good points, then you just embarrass yourself. 

I pay my money like every one else when I can get to the games or when I can't my RTV sub. I'm entitled to my opinion just the same as you. If you think its embarrassing that I'm not convinced fawning over an inconsistent player and I'm content to let him go then thats up to you but your opinion is no more valid than mine.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

I don't think either of us are being objective, though I think I am being more objective than you :D 

Being serious, do you honestly think that 300k is being objective for a guy that has played in the top tier in Scotland for one of its largest teams, having scored 20 goals in a season from midfield, whilst the team generally has struggled, is a 300k player ?  Maybe you do.  I personally just think it is massively under-selling the player.  And that is regardless of whether or not the English market is crazy.

I would be expecting to get 300k for even a Ryan Hardie - we got 600k for a 16 yr old Billy Gilmour and whilst I admit that isn't a like-for-like comparison and Chelsea bought talent.... the reality is that Windass is an established first teamer who has been scoring goals from midfield.  Definitely worth significantly more than 300k.

Well if he goes down south should we sell him we'll get a lot more however if he went to another premier league side we'd get 3-500k for him. I based my valuation on him from the league he plays in as a full team player in the team who has finished 3rd in that league over the last two season.

Edited by Big Jaws

4 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

I pay my money like every one else when I can get to the games or when I can't my RTV sub. I'm entitled to my opinion just the same as you. If you think its embarrassing that I'm not convinced fawning over an inconsistent player and I'm content to let him go then thats up to you but your opinion is no more valid than mine.

I didn't say it was. You're more than entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to criticise it. 

I don't fawn... yes, guilty...

giphy.gif