[FT] Rangers 2 (Murphy 23; Tavernier 90+2 pen) - 0 FC Shkupi

25 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Ha!

Well, that's where he was playing last night, or more of an inside forward role -- they're not really wingers in SG's 4-3-3. 

I'd have him in a central midfield three -- or anywhere, really; we should build the whole team around him, and start his statue, and hall of fame inauguration. 

But that's changing your own narrative :D

You had previously said you would play Windass as a "right winger" - nothing to do with where he played last night

Pedantic Loyal :D

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

It was a hopeful clearence up the line that Tav superbly managed to convert into an assist for a goal.

Tav can be a top notch player on his day and I'm glad he seems to be staying at Ibrox.

46 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

Don't really get what we have to take from this. That's a very simple and expected part of his role. Do you think he meant that pass or just hoffed it up the line?

I posted the tweet in response to rbr's point about him getting pelters for not working hard enough.

The point is he tracked back, covered for Tavernier's poor positioning and his 'pass' (admittedly a stretch) up the line resulted in a goal. 

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

It was a hopeful clearence up the line that Tav superbly managed to convert into an assist for a goal.

Tav can be a top notch player on his day and I'm glad he seems to be staying at Ibrox.

Whilst it may have been a hopeful clearance.... I don't see enough people giving him credit for one of the things they constantly lambast him for... his lack of workrate... he not only covered for Candeias but also Tavernier - Windass in the right back position covering defensively ?  Where are all the haters thanking him for cutting off a potentially dangerous attack from out opponents ?  Nope.... his clearance was just a hopeful hoof.

I'm pretty sure I am correct - Windass is our new Alan Hutton or Charlie Adam.  Cant do ANYTHING right in some people's eyes (not yours buster, just generally).

1 minute ago, craig said:

But that's changing your own narrative :D

You had previously said you would play Windass as a "right winger" - nothing to do with where he played last night

Pedantic Loyal :D

Did I? Oh, in response to Ian? 

I think there I was just saying I like the idea of him playing right-wing, but more inside, with Middleton stretching the play on the other side. 

I'd play him anywhere, to be fair. :D 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Did I? Oh, in response to Ian? 

I think there I was just saying I like the idea of him playing right-wing, but more inside, with Middleton stretching the play on the other side. 

I'd play him anywhere, to be fair. :D 

Your man-love for Windass is sickening.... Kevin Thomson says Hi :D

6 minutes ago, buster. said:

It was Candeias that kept the ball in play after that he slipped Tav in through two tracking defenders. if Candeias isn't lightning quick to that ball then nothing happens. Josh Windass may have made the clearance, his tracking back there is where Candeias would have been if he was playing in his normal winger role, he made many other attempts like that all night that were mopped up by the opposition and his attempts to take on the LB were laughable. Rousseau argues he was just quicker... no he wasn't he was smarter, stronger and quicker and Windass body language said it all when he was given the ball and asked to beat him... he knew he couldn't. I've had enough of Josh Windass he's a 60 grand player and will do well for his new club in league one or two down south... thanks very much and buh bye son! 

An interesting thing that I was told on Wednesday evening after the England WC game....  One of my friends out here in Bermuda was on holiday with his parents at the resort where the team were training.  He got talking to someone else at the camp (someone very close to a first team squad member...) and he told me that Morelos showed up at the training camp carrying DOUBLE the body fat he was expected to be carrying.  Was given 4 weeks to sort it out.  My friend also said that he was, by far, the laziest player at the training camp.  Docherty, after all testing, was the fittest.

4 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

It was Candeias that kept the ball in play after that he slipped Tav in through two tracking defenders. if Candeias isn't lightning quick to that ball then nothing happens. Josh Windass may have made the clearance, his tracking back there is where Candeias would have been if he was playing in his normal winger role, he made many other attempts like that all night that were mopped up by the opposition and his attempts to take on the LB were laughable. Rousseau argues he was just quicker... no he wasn't he was smarter, stronger and quicker and Windass body language said it all when he was given the ball and asked to beat him... he knew he couldn't. I've had enough of Josh Windass he's a 60 grand player and will do well for his new club in league one or two down south... thanks very much and buh bye son! 

"60 grand player" :D  Thankfully you aren't dealing with outgoing transfer dealings at Rangers.  60 grand, nonsense.