[FT] Rangers 2 (Murphy 23; Tavernier 90+2 pen) - 0 FC Shkupi

• Frankie changed the title to [FT] Rangers 2 (Murphy 23; Tavernier 90+2 pen) - 0 FC Shkupi

We needed that late pen. Middleton could turn out to be a great player for us if he's given the game time Ejaria on the other hand has great touch but looks  too slow for me maybe match sharpness will fix that?

Completely dominant and never looked like losing but frustrating we didn't score more. Could easily have been 5 or 6. Hopefully it will come together with increasing match fitness and familiarity.

Not good enough in the second half until nearer the end of the game.

In general just a bit too similar to last season where we seem to lack that extra bit of quality and aren't clinical enough in a game we should have scored 5 goals in.  Early days, but!

Good to see Stevie G show some courage by going with the young lads in the latter stages.

Would like to see Middleton playing wide left and Murphy on the right (or centrally) with Candeais right.

would also be thinking about getting Ejaria into the “10”, perhaps to replace Windass (sorry Rousseau... :D )

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Not good enough in the second half until nearer the end of the game.

In general just a bit too similar to last season where we seem to lack that extra bit of quality and aren't clinical enough in a game we should have scored 5 goals in.  Early days, but!

I’d be more concerned if we weren’t creating.... but we badly need a clinical goal scorer.

1 minute ago, craig said:

Good to see Stevie G show some courage by going with the young lads in the latter stages.

Would like to see Middleton playing wide left and Murphy on the right (or centrally) with Candeais right.

would also be thinking about getting Ejaria into the “10”, perhaps to replace Windass (sorry Rousseau... :D )

A lot of options in the forward area with the players you mention, maybe Murphy could be used more central? young Middleton is a star in the making and has proved he can do the job so I think we will see a lot more of him this season. I did say when we signed him he would be pushing for a start despite his age!

Room for improvement but happy with 2-0.

Tav needs to concentrate on his own game (far too many basic error/passes misplaced) and should not be and does not need the distraction of being captain.

Morelos needs a good kick up the ****...........far too lackadaisical.

Edited by DevilBlue WeeThe

Two goals and a clean sheet. It's still technically pre-season so I'm not expecting 90 minutes of dominance I expected us to slow down after an hour or so but tonight won't hurt any. A couple of nice positives in the form of hunting in packs and Middleton. Ejaria looks and moves like a complete athlete, looking forward to seeing more of him. 

Regroup and refresh for next week and go again.