Steven Gerrard backs Josh Windass to respond to Ibrox jeers

30 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

You ever go over to a person's house and when you move your hand to pet their dog it winks its eye and dips its head? You know why it does that? Cause somebody in that house whips the shit out of it. 

You kinda remind me of that dog.

That's nice.

But back to our team...

Wasn't at the game, but watched it on the tv, and i couldn't distinguish between the excitement levels for Middleton coming on ,and Windass going off.

Dare say it was different at the match, and there is obviously something to it , but didn't come across at the time as Windass getting jeered ,.. still ,right decision to take him off though.

I didn't applaud cheer, cheer or jeer as Windass walked off.  I just stood, shaking my head at him (I'm not joking). The cheer as he walked off seemed quite loud and it felt like the support were glad to see him being taken off but perhaps that was just my own perception.  

People seemed glad to see Middleton come on too.

Windass is an awful team player. Pretty boy who does his wee tricks in training and the easy games. Then he hides in case someone kicks him in the big games. Looks like SG has decided to put his faith in him? That went well for the last few manages eh?

28 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Windass is an awful team player. Pretty boy who does his wee tricks in training and the easy games. Then he hides in case someone kicks him in the big games. Looks like SG has decided to put his faith in him? That went well for the last few manages eh?

Give Gerrard a chance to give Windass a chance to be more effective. 

If JW doesn't show signs of taking it, he'll not be in the team for long.

The big change going into this season is the management/coaching team, it's this that has to make a difference wrt improving players if we want significant improvement in consistency of performance and results. 

37 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

You're just making stuff up now. 

"Awful team player"? He works his socks off making runs in behind for his teammates; he's constantly moving. 

"Pretty boy"? Yes... :D 

"Hides"? I think the word is wrong, but he does go missing in games sometimes; that's not always down to him. 

"Wee tricks"? I don't recall him ever doing any tricks. If by tricks you mean goals and assists, then long may it continue. 

You could also ask, what is it that FOUR managers have seen, that the expert, 'Shug fae glesga', has not? I think i'd trust a manager over Shug.  

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

You could also ask, what is it that FOUR managers have seen, that the expert, 'Shug fae glesga', has not? I think i'd trust a manager over Shug.  

Shug far Glesga wouldn't have tied so much money up in Pena, Herrera, Alves and Cardoso or taken lip fae Kenny 'the plumbers friend' Miller.