SPFL Board changes (including Robertson being rotated with Lawwell)

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has been elected to serve on the board of the Scottish Professional Football League, replacing Rangers' Stewart Robertson.

Lawwell was one of six representatives chosen to represent the 42 member clubs at the SPFL annual general meeting at Hampden on Monday morning.

Alan Burrows of Motherwell and John Nelms of Dundee were the other two representatives chosen from the top flight, with Ann Budge and Les Gray joining Robertson in making way.

Warren Hawke, Martin Ritchie and Iain Dougan were chosen from the lower leagues to serve on the board for the 2018-19 season alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey.

You couldn't make this up.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16371739.celtic-chief-peter-lawwell-replaces-rangers-stewart-robertson-on-spfl-board/

Gonzo is right, there is an unwritten agreement that Rangers and Celtic flip-flop that role.  We have had it for a couple of years and so it is now their turn to get it again.

5 minutes ago, craig said:

Gonzo is right, there is an unwritten agreement that Rangers and Celtic flip-flop that role.  We have had it for a couple of years and so it is now their turn to get it again.

I might be wrong craig but we had no representation on any of the boards SFA or SPFL, till Robertson was elected to the SPFL board last year?

Edited by aweebluesoandso

• Frankie changed the title to SPFL Board changes (including Robertson being rotated with Lawwell)
42 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

I might be wrong craig but we had no representation on any of the boards SFA or SPFL, till Robertson was elected to the SPFL board last year?

Because of our demotion I believe.  Prior to that we had this agreement and when we got back into the top flight that agreement was re-instated.  I THINK, could easily be wrong.

30 minutes ago, buster. said:

I wouldn't bet on us 'automatically' getting voted back on as per 'agreement'.

Perhaps we should ask the new board to revisit the 'Shifty McGifty' matter.

I would contend it was more difficult to get the initial appointment given we were powerless in Scottish football.  Whilst it may seem that way, with us back in the top tier I don't think it actually is.