[FT] Rangers 3 (Morelos 52; Katic 57; Bruce o.g. 62) - 0 Wigan

• Frankie changed the title to [FT] Rangers 3 (Morelos 52; Katic 57; Sadiq 62) - 0 Wigan

Enjoyed that after half-time.

We pressed them higher up the pitch and, other than for a few mins now and again, Wigan couldn't cope with it.  This meant we had better possession, used the ball more effectively and were able to create chances.  In the end, 3-0 didn't flatter us and there is lots to be happy about tonight - not least an excellent penalty save from Wes to maintain the clean sheet.

Stand outs for me were Morelos, Middleton, Goldson and, after half-time, Arfield looked fit and hungry and Sadiq grew into the game very well and was a handful.

Good stuff!

First part of second half looked quite good, a the end a bit disjointed with all the subs, but still. Middleton a gem, Sadiq a younger version of Lafferty, and even Foderingham and Hodson showed no signs of rustiness and were very professionell.

Good work-out all round, I would say.

We lifted the pace of the game after the break and Wigan couldn't live with it. I'd expect that given where they are in they're pre-season. They do look like a decent team that when up to speed will cause many problems in the Championship in the new season. First look at The Flute suggests he's a fair bit away in terms of his fitness but showed some nice touches and will be a handful for some SPFL defenders. The young lad Kelly only got 10-15mins towards the end but he looked neat and tidy and always showed for the ball. Middleton went to left back and was caught out once or twice but he's showing that he's versitile and can play pretty much anywhere on that left hand side. Madden gives a pen for who knows what that Wes saves. We're progressing nicely. 

8 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Enjoyed that after half-time.

We pressed them higher up the pitch and, other than for a few mins now and again, Wigan couldn't cope with it.  This meant we had better possession, used the ball more effectively and were able to create chances.  In the end, 3-0 didn't flatter us and there is lots to be happy about tonight - not least an excellent penalty save from Wes to maintain the clean sheet.

Stand outs for me were Morelos, Middleton, Goldson and, after half-time, Arfield looked fit and hungry and Sadiq grew into the game very well and was a handful.

Good stuff!

Yep, can't disagree with that; 1st half was average, average to soporific. 

Oh, and no injuries, as far as I clould see, despite a couple of rough interventions by Wigan players.