Rangers Fans March

Frankly, I don't know how we coped back in the days before ultras. Y'know when the only label we needed was "Rangers". Personally, I wish they'd take their uniforms, drums and shit songs and have a think to themselves.

Games like last night show that the UB are not required to create an atmosphere. All it takes is a good tough game, and a good performance from our team and the place is rocking. Absolutely nothing to do with the wee boys in the corner.

A march to try to show how important they are, while hiding their faces as if they are on some sort of watch list or are afraid of arrest is nothing to do with supporting the team, and nothing to do with the matchday atmosphere, which we keep hearing is their entire philosophy. I will ensure I am nowhere near it.

3 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Games like last night show that the UB are not required to create an atmosphere

They are the only ones creating the atmosphere at the vast majority of home matches though.  

I recall some pretty drab atmospheres during easy matches throughout 9 In A Row, so I'm not sure that's entirely true.

We only get 'up' for big/important matches.  The UBs sing non-stop.  Some of their songs are crap but their effort is unwavering.  

They are setting up a card display on Saturday night.  32,000 seats will have cards apparently.  

Edited by Gonzo79

@Gonzo79, you will also recall that even though we won a lot of matches easily, the performances were not always scintillating, and more often were professional. I fully take your point that as a whole we only get up for big/important games, and that some (youre being kind!) of their songs are gash. I do admire their efforts if not always their tune or lyrics.

I wish they would leave it at that and ditch this marches/ultras pish that is so unnecessary and unwelcome. They would have much greater support from the rest of us if this was the case.

I don't really disagree with you there.  They are, more or less, an Ultra group though, so the marches, generic songs and covering up of faces will inevitably continue because these things are part of that whole scene.