[FT] Rangers 3 (Morelos 6; Tavernier 50pen; Coulibaly 86) - 1 Maribor

8 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Really pleased with tonight’s result.

However first half for me there were too many silly mistakes under no pressure. And we could have lost more than one goal.

Second half was a total transformation. Absolutely brilliant.  

Just hope we don’t live to regret conceding that away goal

I don't think we're bad enough to lose 2-0!

7 hours ago, craig said:

and a special mention for Candeais too... that guy is a machine.  For a winger he has absolutely no problem putting in the ”dirty yards” to cover !

100%! People need to stop saying he’s just not good enough. What a performance and what a brilliant player to have in your team. Candeias and Coulibaly are brilliant players for winning the ball back. So fit, fast and strong and work like horses. 

Did you all feel the buzz when leaving the stadium last night?

The fans had a huge part in that victory, i thought the played a blinder as did the team.

Agree with what most other have said, in the first half Arfield and Coulibally ran the midfield but for some reason both disappeared about half ways through it which was maybe down to Maribor pushing us further back but then both finished the half stronger.

Tremendous second half performance though and thought Morelos was immence as was Tav and a special mention for Candeios who worked like f**k all night but in Coulibally we've got hold of the missing link.

Like most it took a long time to fall asleep last night and woke up bright as a button this morning, cannae wait for Sunday now....

A terrific result, particularly from 1 - 1 at HT.  3 - 1 should be enough in Slovenia. (It is Slovenia this time, isn't it?)

The 2nd half performance was significantly 'upped' . I wonder what SG does in the dressing room at the break?

It is early days, of course,  but I am beginning to think that, despite his lack of experience, SG really does know what the fuck he is doing, which is something we are perhaps not used to. 

I would offer the criticism that sloppiness and lack of concentration remain apparent at times, although these should (will - will have to-) reduce over the season, hopefully in short order. 

Coulibaly should be signed on a permanent deal, tout de suite. 

Tavenier had, possibly, his most impressive game. 

Edited by Uilleam

It's all the more impressive when you take last seasons champions league results into account. Three draws to Spartak and Sevilla, and lost by a very similar 3-0 away to Liverpool and Sevilla.

It feels good to be competing at that level already, and I don't think many saw it coming. Bring on the second leg.

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

A terrific result, particularly from 1 - 1 at HT.  3 - 1 should be enough in Slovenia. (It is Slovenia this time, isn't it?)

The 2nd half performance was significantly 'upped' . I wonder what SG does in the dressing room at the break?

It is early days, of course,  but I am beginning to think that, despite his lack of experience, SG really does know what the fuck he is doing, which is something we are perhaps not used to. 

I would offer the criticism that sloppiness and lack of concentration remain apparent at times, although these should (will - will have to-) reduce over the season, hopefully in short order. 

Coulibaly should be signed on a permanent deal, tout de suite. 

Tavenier had, possibly, his most impressive game. 

The way we countered adversity at Aberdeen showed that the management team know what they are doing and importantly can get the message through to players, who in turn can carry out instructions.

As you say though, it's early days and there will be setbacks....but if we stay the course and give SG&Co the support required, I'm confident that we'll get where we want to go within 2 seasons.

Edited by buster.

11 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Kent played well. Really quick and has goid feet. Works really hard to.

Agreed but I get frustrated with the constant cutting inside and reluctance to run down the line. This is why I like Middleton, gets to the place defenders hate the most by a country mile, the byline. Modern wingers have forgotten that.

Edited by DMAA