Watched the game on Rangers TV today. Not impressed, commentator is pretty poor with daft jokes. Co-commentator Burns a bit over excited.

Surely we can do much better ? Having said that I have no idea how good other big teams TV channels are, e.g. Liverpool, Manu etc. 

I'd rather pay money to Rangers for RTV than watch any other channel. I don't care what the commentators are like, they're Rangers people who don't make snide comments about our club at every opportunity.

It also means I'm guaranteed to be able to watch every Rangers game that I can't attend, regardless of venue or alternatives.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I'd rather pay money to Rangers for RTV than watch any other channel. I don't care what the commentators are like, they're Rangers people who don't make snide comments about our club at every opportunity.

It also means I'm guaranteed to be able to watch every Rangers game that I can't attend, regardless of venue or alternatives.

My $300 for the season will be money very well spent :thup:

Agreed that it’s good to give our money direct to club where possible. But we’re a big club, surely our TV station could be more professional? Why accept commentators that are poor on our TV channel when we would not accept it anywhere else in the club?

Tom Miller is fine.  Some of his jokes are cheesy but he has a fine knowledge of the game.  His only crowd should be Rangers fans and he knows an awful lot about the club.

He’a no less professional than other club TV programs.

i do agree with a previous poster that he is marmite - but I would much rather listen to Tom than Walker, Sutton, Provan etc.

His co-comms are where we get some excellent technical content.  Thomson, Lovenkrands, McLaren and Andy Little are very good and Hugh Burns is just comedy gold.

I also like the quality of feed we get from RTV too.  The guys and gals at RTV have done a great job of improving the value for money proposition for this season !

While I’m gutted at missing the next 3 weeks games live, I am actually looking forward to watching these games on RTV with fellow bears in LA/SF and if we get past Maribor LV too. 

WhenI booked this trip back in January  (silver anniversary special for my long-suffering better half) I knew I would miss a few games and it didn’t bother me too much. Anyone that knows me knows that I don’t miss games lightly and it was symptomatic of our clubs woes that I couldn’t care if I missed a game or 3 to go on holiday. My wife would confirm that in the past we have only ever holidayed in June as that was the only way to ensure I didn’t miss games. 

The rejuvenation of the club this summer has not been restricted to the management and players. Us, the fans, are also feeling things we haven’t felt since Walters reign. We are getting those juices flowing again and we can feel we are finally getting back to a squad worthy of our name, albeit it might take another couple of windows to finish it off, we can already see and feel that we will be contenders this season, and for the first time in 7/8 years we have a chance to win the big prize. 

I’m also a big fan of RTV and Tom Miller is an excellent commentator imo. He has some unique catchphrases and he knows the club and history inside out. Shuggy is definitely excitable but you can see how passionate he is about the club, it’s like listening to your dad screaming at the TV! The only criticism I have is there could be more post match analysis,  it’s too short and wish we could stick around for manager and player reactions, otherwise a great product. Last season they introduced HD quality which had made a huge difference. 

Keep it up RTV!