Morelos makes Colombia squad

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Good for him but not good for us tbh. If he is a regular squad member he could be doing a lot of travelling and that sometimes has an adverse effect on players from South America.

I think it is great for us - raises our profile once again and inflates his price.

It also shows other South Americans that you can get a call up for your country whilst playing for Rangers.

3 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

I think it is great for us - raises our profile once again and inflates his price.

It also shows other South Americans that you can get a call up for your country whilst playing for Rangers.

Fair points but I was thinking purely from a playing perspective

He's doing the right things on a stage that people take note of. It's great for him and hopefully will convince him that Rangers is a place where he can thrive and advance his career at the same time. Win-win for me.

Also worth considering that despite having a great start to the season, if the call up didn't come would he hang around too long or look to move on and raise his profile and chances?  Call up is great news as he seems happy to be here and if he's getting into the international picture with us, he's got less reason to look elsewhere.

Well done El buffalo 

Love this wee guy

Deserves a call up, and no way would i want to deny the guy a chance to play for his country. What an honour for the wee guy.

Plus, this must add a 0 to recent speculative offers on his value especially looking at dembele's haha