Bristol City Pay Hefty Penalty Following Kent Loan

This is the model Liverpool operate.

Instead of paying a hefty loan fee up front, you pay a loan fee at the end based on appearances.

Its not really a penalty as I imagine the club will have factored in that our loanees may not play every game. 

The gaffer will have no hesitation in leaving the loanees out if they are not cutting it.

We've had really limited success from all these loanees. We should only be loaning players if they're much better than what we've got, or what we can buy, and often they aren't even good enough in the first place. 

It plugs a gap and should be used sparingly. The exception to the rule is if we have an option to buy the player at the end of the loan. At least we might get some sort of long term gain out of it then. 

16 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

We've had really limited success from all these loanees. We should only be loaning players if they're much better than what we've got, or what we can buy, and often they aren't even good enough in the first place. 

It plugs a gap and should be used sparingly. The exception to the rule is if we have an option to buy the player at the end of the loan. At least we might get some sort of long term gain out of it then. 

I would disagree....

Coulibaly has been outstanding since he came in.

Ejaria had a slower start, but has been fantastic over the past 3-4 games.

Kent is raw, but is keen fast & direct and has been improving game to game.

Sadiq has been the biggest disappointment (so far)....limited game time & when he has played, hasn't really shown anything.

Of the current loanees, only Kent is not yet meritting the amount of starts he gets. I reckon SG is trying to reach the quota of both him and Ejaria early, so he has not have to pick him later on. The OF game was stick on for a Candeias - Tav - flank, and the former would sure have stopped Tierney from having the freedom he got. But the season is young ...

41 minutes ago, Darthter said:

I would disagree....

Coulibaly has been outstanding since he came in.

Ejaria had a slower start, but has been fantastic over the past 3-4 games.

Kent is raw, but is keen fast & direct and has been improving game to game.

Sadiq has been the biggest disappointment (so far)....limited game time & when he has played, hasn't really shown anything.

I'm talking about the last few years collectively. And I'd say Coulibaly has been the only clear success so far from the current lot

Looking long term, there should be much more a focus on developing our talent than other teams'. 

I think the 'pay for not playing' clause should help concentrate the mind of the club who are taking the player on loan when it comes to due dilligence and suitability for starting XI. 

Wrt to Liverpool loanees, we have the advantage of Gerrard's first hand knowledge of them as players and their character.