SSB and “The Fear”

I listened to this on the way back from my meal today and it was magic. Both Father Keevins and Mark “mushroom” Wilson were clearly very very distressed. Gone was the patronising and condescending tone and this was replaced with apprehension and fear.

The fear that we are coming back, that their time of mocking may soon be coming to an end and that we will never forget what the years of hurt have taught us.

Alex Rae continually tried to discuss Rangers in a sensible light as the other clown prince Gordon Duncan tried to reduce talk of Rangers to flippant laughter. None of this could lighten the mood of Keevens and Mushroom or deflect their anxiety and distress. 

They are now living with the fear of the famous Glasgow Rangers regaining our place at the top of Scottish Football. Never forget We Are The People:rfc:

Hate to go against the grain but I heard it in the car and actually thought Wilson and Keevins were very fair and were complimentary about how we played. They were also very positive about our summer transfers and how we are progressing whilst stating the opposite about the Tims. I also think Gordan Duncan does a decent job considering he is no win situation. 

13 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Hate to go against the grain but I heard it in the car and actually thought Wilson and Keevins were very fair and were complimentary about how we played. They were also very positive about our summer transfers and how we are progressing whilst stating the opposite about the Tims. I also think Gordan Duncan does a decent job considering he is no win situation. 

They were very complimentary that’s half the point. I never said they were not.  They couldn’t believe they were having to backtrack on their mockery, flippancy and general patronising of our fans and club. It’s all opinions though and it depends on how you want to interpret what they were saying. Keevan’s was “shi@@ing” himself and Wilson is simply a fool dressed as a green and white cheerleader. Totally disagree on Duncan, he is a Motherwell fan with a soft spot for the unwashed.

Edited by cooponthewing

1 minute ago, cooponthewing said:

They were very complimentary that’s half the point. I never said they were not.  They couldn’t believe they were having to backtrack on their mockery, flippancy and general patronising of our fans and club. It’s all opinions though and it depends on how you want to interpret what they were saying. Keenan’s was “shi@@ing” himself and Wilson is simply a fool dressed as a green and white cheerleader. Totally disagree on Duncan, he is a Motherwell fan with a soft spot for the unwashed.

TBH I've not listened to much of SSB of late so I was just basing it on todays output. Keevins never let up about how average celtic have been and how poor their transfers have been. 

19 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

TBH I've not listened to much of SSB of late so I was just basing it on todays output. Keevins never let up about how average celtic have been and how poor their transfers have been. 

You should have listened since the start of the season. Been like Shame FC public information and cheerleading outfit. They are only saying this now as it’s hit them how stupid they look. They mentioned all the times they quoted rookie manager and we had no money etc etc. Oh whoops Father K says “well they are being bankrolled by somebody, how were we to know”.....You think???. The fear and foolishness in their voice was overwhelmingly evident, especially from Father K. It was a joy to hear how much they were hurting at the prospect of “The famous Glasgow Rangers”

returning to where we belong. Champions of Scotland:rfc:

Edited by cooponthewing

Th fear is rampant over on kiddydale st. Just a few examples of that. This first one was being sarcastic as the news began to come in that St Johnstone were being hammered.

Nothing to worry about.  They have a rookie manager and they haven't improved from last season.  And we're brilliant.

Another follows with this.

I'd fancy us to beat St Johnstone at home to be fair.

To be followed with

We've scored six in six games. They've scored six in a game and a half. Time to get our heads out of our holes.

And

Huns look the best side in Scotland just now. Should be favourites for the league.

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

My half full glass is beginning to top up as I feel we are on the verge of something good this season and am looking forward with quiet optimism to the rest of the campaign.

I think we are reasonably good but my sense about them is they have flattered to deceive for a couple of years now and we are getting stronger. Might not be this year but so long as we can progress it’s not too far away. This is not a false dawn. We are improving. 

Edited by Walterbear

Best not to get carried away yet but what will be interesting if we keep this up is to watch how Celtic and especially their manager handle pressure ... something they've not had to cope with for many years now. I suspect that entire club has got too used to being handed a bye to every trophy on offer but those days have clearly gone now.

I expect them to make bold moves in the January transfer window but that might only exacerbate what is clearly an unhappy dressing room.