League winner betting

As we all know it's largely dependent on how much is being wagered on a specific team but it's sometimes still interesting to see fluctuations. When this season was kicking off if I remember correctly the yahoos were around 1/12 or at least 1/10 at best.

I can't remember what our odds were but I know they were nothing like as low they are now. The yahoos price has been drifting towards being almost bettable while rangers odds have shortened and everything outside those two aside from Hearts has lengthened despite the fact it might seem a more open league than we have become accustomed to.

In the bookies eyes there appear to still be only two realistically possible winners. Average odds.

yahoos 1/3

Rangers 3/1

hearts 20/1

sheep 50/1

hubz 65/1

As always, the League is about consistency of result over 38  games and as far as we are concerned, we've yet to reach a that place.

Last season we were weak at home and this season we have 9 points from 9 at Ibrox BUT we've not won an away game (3 played).

Not looking that far ahead, we have to go to Livingston and return with 3 points, non-negotiable.

All teams in the league have played 3 away games and a league table for that has us in 9th place. But we are still ahead of Celtic :D

We are top of 'Home game table'.

I have £50 on us at 8/1 I got pre-season. I am currently being offered a cash-out of £81. Previously there was only the nominal £45 cash out (stake less 10% which is normal for ante-post betting)

The tims were indeed between 1/10 - 1/12 pre-season.

I'm not getting carried away with being above them at this very early stage, as nice as it feels. Having listened to updates and reports from tynecastle on Saturday, Livingston play a long-ball physical game with a very solid defence and very well organised. This will be a very tough away game on Sunday which we MUST win but will need to play very well to do so. Not forgetting we have not won an away game yet, and our 2 poorest performances to date have been in our last 2 away league games. If we come through this, we have table-topping Hearts at Ibrox the following week, a few days after Vienna at home in the Europa. 

Come back to me after 2 more domestic victories and I will be more than happy!

21 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The yahoos are at home to the sheep on Saturday. Hopefully the sheep can take something from them but I wouldn’t bank on it. 

We just need to worry about ourselves I think. If we can go on a run it will hopefully pile the pressure on 

Aside from beating a misfiring Yahoo team I don't think Hearts have done anything overly impressive and  I just don't see them maintaining this unbeaten run. I think we still have to view the yahoos as the main threat to a title run and hope for them to continue dropping points.

The Livi game may give us an indication of where are in comparison to Hearts. If we overwhelm them on their own ground which Hearts recently failed to do at home I will feel we're far superior to Hearts.

Hearts failed to score even at home. I feel we will indeed score away from home and probably more than once. We went to Spain and scored twice. We can probably easier do the same at Livi.

Hearts had a penalty saved and hit the woodwork twice on Saturday.  They also beat Celtc.  Something we have failed to do since we returned to the top flight.

We are in no place to be getting cocky.  You can't feel superior to a team who are above you in the league.

The league, so far, suggests all teams will drop points and have off days.  That includes us.  

We should be happy with our European performances but concerned with our away league form.

Edited by Gonzo79

52 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Hearts had a penalty saved and hit the woodwork twice on Saturday.  They also beat Celtc.  Something we have failed to do since we returned to the top flight.

We are in no place to be getting cocky.  You can't feel superior to a team who are above you in the league.

The league, so far, suggests all teams will drop points and have off days.  That includes us.  

We should be happy with our European performances but concerned with our away league form.

A realistic assessment for me. The Livi game will be tough but if we get through it with a victory and carry that through to when we face Hearts I will be a lot more convinced that we are finally back to being the real deal. We had leads at Aberdeen and Motherwell and just failed to see the game out. If we can sort that aspect and win ugly when we need to that'll do me.