Semi Final

59 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I have just heard an interview with Neil Doncaster saying Police Scotland have supported this solution. They have been involved in the meeting that arrived at two games at one stadium in one day. I suspect Police Scotland will have most problems between 16.00hrs and 18.00hrs when supporters of all four teams will be intermingling in city centre pubs? My personal experience of the 2016 Scottish Cup final aftermath does not inspire confidence in Police Scotland to be able to handle the the challenges thrown up by these unique and particular circumstances. 

As you say, plod were totally responsible for the farce at the Scottish cup final, this has disaster written all over it

2 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Can we assume that the clubs involved agreed to this? No statements yet.

DONS ANGER 

Betfred Cup fixture fall-out: Aberdeen brand decision to play two semi-finals at Hampden on same day as ‘appalling and inappropriate’

Aberdeen’s clash with Rangers has been scheduled for noon on Sunday, October 28, while Hearts will face Celtic in the second match kicking off at 7.45pm

By David Friel
27th September 2018, 9:18 pm

Updated: 27th September 2018, 9:27 pm

ABERDEEN have branded the decision to play two Betfred Cup semi-finals at Hampden on the same day as APPALLING and INAPPROPRIATE.

The Dons will face Rangers at 12 noon on Sunday October 28 – with Celtic v Hearts following at 7.45pm in an unprecedented move.

KENNY RAMSAY - THE SUN GLASGOW
Aberdeen fans will be forced to make an early trek down to Glasgow

Cops gave the green light but raging Pittodrie chiefs claim their fans have been shafted – and reckon SPFL beaks should have looked at alternatives.

A spokesperson said: “As a club we have repeatedly asked that the authorities stop giving us kick-off times which, for our large travelling support, are completely unacceptable, but yet again, what should be a showpiece occasion, is scheduled to start at a time that does not take supporters into account.

“While we appreciate Police Scotland was insistent that our game was played first for operational reasons, we believe, and stated along with others, that having both games in the same stadium on the same day, is inappropriate.

“There are other options that should have been investigated further, including staging the two games on consecutive weekends or using two different venues which would have allowed kick-off times more suitable for what are hugely significant occasions in the Scottish football calendar.

“Contesting the two matches on consecutive weekends would be an alternative surely worth investigating, particularly as Celtic are due to face Heart of Midlothian in the Ladbrokes Premiership the following weekend, while also fulfilling the contractual obligations.

“We appreciate the authorities have a difficult job to schedule games in what is an extremely congested calendar but to yet again ask our supporters to be in Glasgow for a 12 noon start on a Sunday is, quite frankly, appalling.”

17 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Whilst I have no time for the sheep, he makes a very valid point.  

Mind you, if they played the 19:45 KO, would they not just moan about having to get back to Aberdeen late at night?

I agree Gonzo but I suppose the majority our games up there usually kick off at 12.30? Swings and roundabouts I guess

Did they expand on why our game was first? 

8 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Did they expand on why our game was first? 

This from post #13 (posted by Bearger):

"He added that Police Scotland advised that the Aberdeen v Rangers game should be played first."

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

This from post #13 (posted by Bearger):

"He added that Police Scotland advised that the Aberdeen v Rangers game should be played first."

Has anyone (Police, SPFL) said why?

Either way the loon balls from Kerrydale St will already be penning their paranoid take on todays events. It will no doubt be "Rangers n Aberdeen will pure cut up the pitch so we cannae play ra selic way" or some BS like that

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops