[FT] Rangers 3 (Morelos 43, 90+4; Tavernier 84 pen) - 1 Rapid Vienna

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Flanagan and Worrall were interesting choices but both were excellent

Agree with that, neither put a foot wrong and were very impressive. 

When we’re desperate for a goal I’d personally prefer at least one left footed on the left to get down the line and get crosses in, but hey ho we got the 3 points and as you say some important players are fresh for Hearts. 

Edited by DMAA

Rapid looked quite good in the first half but then a spent force in the second.

We showed strength of character to keep fighting though.  Especially since our players were making lots of unforced errors throughout the match.  It would have been easy to give up.

Morelos had a mixed night but managed to do what counted.  Candeias also made some key contributions for the goals.  Joe Worrall had a really good game tonight too.

Overall a great night and easily worth £35.

Just now, Big Jaws said:

I thought Flanagan might play tonight Frankie but I was surprised at Worrall as I havent seen much from him that makes me feel confident in him.  I stand corrected though other than the first 5-10 where he slowed the game down a fair bit he was outstanding tonight.

Worrall did pretty well in Spain but struggled a bit in Livi.

However, I'll say one thing, he's a confident lad, doesn't hide and should only get better.  I do feel sorry for Katic though as I think he's been just as good as Goldson.  He's still young though so plenty of time for him whilst Goldson and Worrall probably won't be here next season.

Just now, Frankie said:

However, I'll say one thing, he's a confident lad, doesn't hide and should only get better.  I do feel sorry for Katic though as I think he's been just as good as Goldson.  He's still young though so plenty of time for him whilst Goldson and Worrall probably won't be here next season.

I get the impression that Katic is carrying a back injury. Just something SG said in one of his press conferences.

Just now, Big Jaws said:

I get the impression that Katic is carrying a back injury. Just something SG said in one of his press conferences.

Yeah, he's maybe not 100% fit and, like I say, he's still young (as is Worrall) so makes sense to try and rotate them.

10 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Worrall I get  - he's on loan but why do you say that about Goldson?