Junior football

23 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

My soft touch is the Bankies.Went many a time when I was younger with my cousins who stayed in Onslow Road.Also seen them a few times when they moved into the senior leagues,in fact at one time Andy Gray's brother Jim played for them before emigrating to Canada.

Saw some games they played as E.S. Clydebank and was dismayed by the way they were sold down the river by the Steedman's and Clydebank Council.

Interestingly following results see they are playing at a decent level in the Juniors.Won 6-1 yesterday.

Holm Park is being refurbished currently, the Clydebank Trust agreed to seek entry to the senior pyramid once the ground is up to scratch. In theory they could be in the South of Scotland or even the Lowland League this time next year. 

36 minutes ago, craig said:

The only Junior team worth following... the mighty Auchinleck Talbot.

I’ve personally witnessed them winning the Scottish Cup on 5 occasions - 1986, 1987 1988 and then 1991 and 1992.

So I’ve seen them win the cup on as many occasions as any other team in Scotland has actually won it.

Talbot have won it 12 times and the next best is 5.

The team that won it three in a row is probably the best junior team I’ve seen.

What kept you? Thought you’d have been on to this pronto.

This club is so good it should be Auchinleck Mercedes.

Took in 'Lok v Kilbirnie Ladeside on Saturday. Was a decent game and the second half in particular was reasonable to watch. Pollok try to play a bit and for £6 it's not too bad value. You can even get a bovril for a quid!

Next league match at Newlandsfield is v Hurlford Utd who are currently top of the division. Should be a good game and hopefully the weather is kind for a big crowd.

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

What kept you? Thought you’d have been on to this pronto.

This club is so good it should be Auchinleck Mercedes.

Lol.  Haven’t been on much as was home visiting family.  Back on travels today and had to get in on this thread :D

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 06:37, blueflag said:

The mighty 'Gow play talbot on Sunday in the league cup final and has now drew them in the Scottish. 

Talk about unlucky  haha

Mon the lowly Gow

Currently 2-0 Talbot mate