Club 1872 Response to Ibrox Fanzone FOI Release

15 October, 2018

Club 1872 has, over the past few days, examined Glasgow City Council and Glasgow Life Freedom of Information (FOI) emails and documents relating to the denial of permission for a Rangers Fanzone. The information released was extensive despite Glasgow City Council previously informing Club 1872 that they held no information on this matter.

http://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-response-to-ibrox-fanzone-foi-release/

I have read through this and believe their assumptions to be correct.  Unless someone at GCC can provide a legitimate reason for this, resignations/sackings should follow.  As I said at the beginning of this fiasco, it's not the interventions (as distasteful and sinister as they were) that will get you sacked, it's the cover up.  There were quite a few involved in this cover up and they must be removed.

Great work by Club 1872.  Another great example of a role you can fulfil on behalf of our fans.  We've had enough of this.

Edited by Gaffer

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

I have read through this and believe their assumptions to be correct.  Unless someone at GCC can provide a legitimate reason for this, resignations/sackings should follow.  As I said at the beginning of this fiasco, it's not the interventions (as distasteful and sinister as they were) that will get you sacked, it's the cover up.  There were quite a few involved in this cover up and they must be removed.

Great work by Club 1872.  Another great example of a role you can fulfil on behalf of our fans.  We've had enough of this.

It will be great work only when those responsible are removed from their positions and the correct outcome is secured. What I expect is concerted denial and inaction.

I don't think anyone had any doubts these two and people working for GCC, tried their best to halt the Fan Zone initiative by the club. Pure hatred and bigotry pure and simple. There is definitely a prima facie case to have all concerned, councillors and staff members suspended, until an independent inquiry determines what went on and how high this goes.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Metaphorical swords should be fallen on over this but I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to expecting anything resembling honour from these craven liars.

Excellent work by Club 1872 in exposing this shower and an example of what we can achieve when we pool resources.

I'd also urge anyone who isn't a member to consider joining as the more of us contributing, the more work like this Club 1872 can do.

Dpj7ZhTX4AIXFlu?format=jpg&name=small

All Club 1872 had to do here was load the gun.  Other politicians will now gladly fire it.  I'm sure they sense blood here, and I just can't see how these councillors will survive this, nor should they.  They were stupid in the first instance, and then followed that up with the type of open goal dishonesty that proves they're not worthy of their positions.  Idiots!!!!

17 minutes ago, Robert said:

Metaphorical swords should be fallen on over this but I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to expecting anything resembling honour from these craven liars.

Excellent work by Club 1872 in exposing this shower and an example of what we can achieve when we pool resources.

I'd also urge anyone who isn't a member to consider joining as the more of us contributing, the more work like this Club 1872 can do.

If Club1872 would commit its resources to work like this - exposing the corrupting acting against our club - I would join and donate today. But not while the vast majority of its resources are devoted to pursuing a seat on the board.