Club 1872 Response to Ibrox Fanzone FOI Release

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

Gonzo:  your attitude towards fellow bears is worse than anything from those outside our club.  People like you create unnecessary division and I am suspicious of your motives.  I like reading many of your posts and enjoy much of the banter but what you do is deeply damaging.  People vote on many issues, most of which are much more important than those that affect our football club.  Try to remember that.  You know nothing about some of our fellow supporters, and therefore know nothing about the issues that affect their lives and are important to them.  Yes, Rangers is very important to everyone here, but it's not the only important part of our lives.  I think you should be more respectful, but that's just my opinion.  Most of us have a life outside of Rangers (except of course the obsessed ones in green), so let's criticise politicians, parties, or anyone else where merited, but let's stop having a go at our own fans.  Please!

Which of "us" are you referring to exactly? We should be told, it's time to name names, which of "us" are the obsessed ones in green?. 

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

People like you create unnecessary division and I am suspicious of your motives.  

I am reacting to division, not creating it.  What suspicions do you have regarding my motives?  My motive is simple, I want the Rangers support to be united against those who hate us.

41 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I am reacting to division, not creating it.  What suspicions do you have regarding my motives?  My motive is simple, I want the Rangers support to be united against those who hate us.

That's great, and I appreciate you posting that.  It's just that sometimes you don't come across that way.  We are all bears and want the best for our club.  I'm just suggesting that you don't try to "weed out" supporters just because they don't vote the way you'd want them to.

p.s.  For the avoidance of doubt, and to answer your direct question .... my suspicion was that you are a member of another party and trying to use any opportunity to sway people to vote differently.  I'm probably wrong, but it's that behaviour (everything my party does is good, and everything other parties does is bad) that put me off party politicians a long time ago and it's the reason I vote for "none of the above".

Edited by Gaffer

49 minutes ago, Bill said:

Which of "us" are you referring to exactly? We should be told, it's time to name names, which of "us" are the obsessed ones in green?. 

That was aimed at the Celtic fans who do not have a life outside of Rangers.  It wasn't aimed at "us" on this forum.  I think you misinterpreted what I said.  Either way it shows I failed in my attempt at some humour. ?

35 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

my suspicion was that you are a member of another party 

Nothing could be further from the truth.  I haven't voted in a General Election for over 20 years.  

For the record, I don't think any of the parties will do Rangers any favours.  

50 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

That was aimed at the Celtic fans who do not have a life outside of Rangers.  It wasn't aimed at "us" on this forum.  I think you misinterpreted what I said.  Either way it shows I failed in my attempt at some humour. ?

No and yes

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Nothing could be further from the truth.  I haven't voted in a General Election for over 20 years.  

For the record, I don't think any of the parties will do Rangers any favours.  

Tbf you’ve been remarkably consistent in your rubbishing of all political parties. Perhaps if some people paid more attention they wouldn’t need to be corrected. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Tbf you’ve been remarkably consistent in your rubbishing of all political parties. Perhaps if some people paid more attention they wouldn’t need to be corrected. 

Not everyone is a Captain of Industry who now spends his life patrolling or is that polarizing messageboads, instead of sailing in the Caribbean.

Edited by buster.

If there’s one thing bores me about Gonzo, it’s his almost daily rejection of all parties.

I say to him, Gonzo old bean, there’s always a least worst option. Take it. If it only reduces a majority by one that’s an irritance if only a small one to the swaggering victor. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Not everyone is a Captain of Industry who now spends his life patrolling or is that polarizing messageboads, instead of sailing in the Caribbean.

You’re irritation is my reward. That you’re unable to hide is a bonus. Thanks ?