UEFA Europa League Rangers Feature

The narrator says, "Eight seasons since they witnessed European football...".  Did he forget last season (I know we all want to but...?).

We refer to ourselves as Glasgow Rangers in a couple of songs (syllable requirements) but it's usually only foreigners and QPR fans who refer to us as that in speech. We have two club crests and neither of them mentions Glasgow.

Edited by Gonzo79

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The narrator says, "Eight seasons since they witnessed European football...".  Did he forget last season (I know we all want to but...?).

We refer to ourselves as Glasgow Rangers in a couple of songs (syllable requirements) but it's usually only foreigners and QPR fans who refer to us as that in speech. We have two club crests and neither of them mentions Glasgow.

Glad we agree on something Gonzo?

On 20/10/2018 at 19:29, Gonzo79 said:

Sadly that is not the case.  Many Bears also add Glasgow to our name and I have even met some who don't realise we have never been 'Glasgow Rangers'.  Last year even one of our board referred to us as Glasgow Rangers while acting in an official capacity.

On 20/10/2018 at 20:29, Gonzo79 said:

2010 was when we last played European group stage football.

Qualifiers are a half-way house you have to get past first. 

6 hours ago, Briton said:

Sadly that is not the case.  Many Bears also add Glasgow to our name and I have even met some who don't realise we have never been 'Glasgow Rangers'.  Last year even one of our board referred to us as Glasgow Rangers while acting in an official capacity.

For me and many others it will always be the famous Glasgow Rangers whether official or not. It will probably die away in the next generation but you will just have to accept that some people use that now. If that is our biggest worry then we are doing okay. You are lucky you don't live in Holland because the most people there just call us Glasgow. I have sent e-mails in the past complaining to the Dutch tv companies about it but never got a response.

2 hours ago, pete said:

For me and many others it will always be the famous Glasgow Rangers whether official or not. It will probably die away in the next generation but you will just have to accept that some people use that now. If that is our biggest worry then we are doing okay. You are lucky you don't live in Holland because the most people there just call us Glasgow. I have sent e-mails in the past complaining to the Dutch tv companies about it but never got a response.

I don't have a problem with the Dutch or whoever getting our name wrong but I do with our own fans (and even people working for the club) being ignorant of our name.  I hate the expression 'the famous Glasgow Rangers', it's a contradiction in terms.  If we are so famous why do you feel you have to explain who we are by adding Glasgow to our name?  The founders gave us a unique name; we are the only Rangers, all the rest have to add a qualifier; I don't see why people feel the need to change it. ( I understand the reason it's sometimes added in songs).