Still interested in Andy Webster

I certainly wouldn't take him because he is Scottish. I am patriotic and of course I'd love to see 11 Scots out there for Rangers, but it's a fact of life that Scottish players are a long way off the best in the world. We already have arguably the best one in Ferguson, but it is important we bring in the best players we can regardless of where they come from.

Yes, if the best players happen to be Scottish, great, but it should not be a pre-requisite imo.

I should have elaborated a bit more. The reason id like to take him for scottish reasons is because I think UEFA are to bring back a foreign rule? (maybe not?) And it would be wise to bring in the better ones we could get.

We seem to do better with a few Scots in the team to inject a bit of passion so I would hope our manager would check out any decent Scottish international who comes available not least because they are usually quite cheap and fit in quicker. No "adjustment to the pace" needed nor language tuition.

If they are genuinely not good enough or don't want to play for us then you can dismiss them out of hand.

Cant see Webster moving somewhere to be an obvious 2nd choice.

I think all players will be fighting for their place under le Guen so everyone is potentially second choce. Eck had his favourites but i don't think le Guen is like that he is more ruthless. Play bad and you will be out.

I should have elaborated a bit more. The reason id like to take him for scottish reasons is because I think UEFA are to bring back a foreign rule? (maybe not?) And it would be wise to bring in the better ones we could get.

Agreed, but I don't think Webster is one of the better ones. I find him distinctly average.

Agreed, but I don't think Webster is one of the better ones. I find him distinctly average.

I agree and think he is average aswell but Scottish centre halfs arent easy to pick up these days. Weir is 35, Dailly isnt that great, Pressley is probably the best we have at the moment but is what 33?? Then its Webster or the 2 at Aberdeen - Anderson and Diamond and i wouldnt fancy any of those 2.

I always thought that one of our previous managers would have made a move for Pressley actually, but its never materialised.

As for him and Webster, opinion over the pair really is split right down the middle as to who is the best and if they are actually any good in the first place.

I think Webster is a far better player than Pressley...

Quite a few of my mates are Jambos and feel the same way. They do compliment each other but they all prefer Webster.

For the £200K or so quoted, he'd be a good signing, provide able cover and also go some way to ensuring we are covered for the new UEFA 'homegrown' rules which start 07/08 IIRC.

Well IMO i think he is worth a gamble as long as we get him cheap enough, he's Scottish,young and again there is room for improvement which we all know PLG has a reputaion for getting the best out of players.