Yet another attack by the Anti-Rangers Party (SNP)

Just now, Darthter said:

I disagree....

Brit Nat is every bit as accurate a description as Scot Nat - one promotes British Nationalism, the other Scottish Nationalism.  Wheres the problem???

Sigh.

The United Kingdom is a union of nations so those defending the status quo may be considered unionists.  Scotland is part of that union but some wish to separate from it so could be considered Scottish nationalists as per the SNP.

It's really not difficult and I'd prefer it was kept as simple as I've respectfully requested.

3 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Again...I disagree.  I don't believe his intention was clear.  But then I'm clearly stupid (according to several regular posters).

Take note of the full stop after the statement.  If I, or any other "Scot Nat" had posted a sentence like that we would have received a barrage of abuse.

Oh come mate - don't be so melodramatic.  BD is not, has not, and never will advocate physical threats to anyone.  He's a big streak of p!sh who drinks red wine FFS...!

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Sigh.

The United Kingdom is a union of nations so those defending the status quo may be considered unionists.  Scotland is part of that union but some wish to separate from it so could be considered Scottish nationalists as per the SNP.

It's really not difficult and I'd prefer it was kept as simple as I've respectfully requested.

So those defending the British Status quo can not be describes as British Nationalists???  You still haven't explained what is actually bad or even wrong about calling someone a Brit Nat???

Just now, Darthter said:

So those defending the British Status quo can not be describes as British Nationalists???  You still haven't explained what is actually bad or even wrong about calling someone a Brit Nat???

I don't want Brit Nat used as not only is it inaccurate and unhelpful it's being used as an insult and/or to make mischief in threads where the quality of debate is already that of my local primary school.

I consider the matter closed.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

I don't want Brit Nat used as not only is it inaccurate and unhelpful it's being used as an insult and/or to make mischief in threads where the quality of debate is already that of my local primary school.

I consider the matter closed.

So you and the other admins will be cracking down on all the other insulting comments & personal attacks....or does that only apply to using Brit Nat??

Feel free to have a brows through some of the Lounge threads....

10 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Again...I disagree.  I don't believe his intention was clear.  But then I'm clearly stupid (according to several regular posters).

Take note of the full stop after the statement.  If I, or any other "Scot Nat" had posted a sentence like that we would have received a barrage of abuse.

Come on Darthter - you have been here long enough to recognize that Bluedell isn't the type to ever encourage physical abuse.  It was, to me at least (and maybe I'm the stupid one) that Bluedell meant verbally criticized.  Poor choice of words perhaps, but we've all been guilty of that before.

You are also assuming that people would have given you a barrage of abuse - had you said it, or Bearger, or whomever - I would have thought about the source and thought "poor choice of words but means deserve to be criticized".  Admittedly not everyone would do that, but most would IMHO.

8 minutes ago, Darthter said:

How can you be a British Nationalist when Britain isn't a nation, but a Union of nations ?

Just now, craig said:

Come on Darthter - you have been here long enough to recognize that Bluedell isn't the type to ever encourage physical abuse.  It was, to me at least (and maybe I'm the stupid one) that Bluedell meant verbally criticized.  Poor choice of words perhaps, but we've all been guilty of that before.

You are also assuming that people would have given you a barrage of abuse - had you said it, or Bearger, or whomever - I would have thought about the source and thought "poor choice of words but means deserve to be criticized".  Admittedly not everyone would do that, but most would IMHO.

Just shows how easy it is to misinterpret someone's meaning......I read one thing, others read something different.

How many times over the years do we see snippets of interviews/articles etc used as headlines, which on their own paint a very different picture to when used in context???

Just now, Darthter said:

So you and the other admins will be cracking down on all the other insulting comments & personal attacks....or does that only apply to using Brit Nat??

Feel free to have a brows through some of the Lounge threads....

To my eternal boredom, we receive regular reports from both sides asking for action on these threads. 

Personally I stay well clear as, anytime I look, both sides are as bad as each other and my primary school daughters would be embarrassed by the playground nature of the debate.  I don't have time to waste on people who want to rile each other up and refuse to acknowledge their own part in said pettiness. 

Unionist, Nationalist.  It's simple so please keep it that way.  That goes to everyone who wants to argue with their own respective politics brick wall.

Now, back to the topic in hand, please and the embarrassing comments from yet another SNP figurehead.