Windass On Kenny Miller

1 minute ago, Rick Roberts said:

What was the story with Miller - was it constant under-mining of Murty? Or just the one incident?

Seemed strange to see him so close to King then turfed out down the road. 

JW said the game he referred to was a 1-1 draw away to Kilmarnock under Pedro.

There was a 0-0 away to Killie right at the start of Pedro's stint and a 1-1 home draw to Kilmarnock in Pedro's final game in charge.

JW talks of a series of draws leading into the game and it being away from home, that suggests it was Pedro's third game in charge

Sun 12/03/17 PRE Celtic 1 - 1 Rangers View events More info
Sat 18/03/17 PRE Rangers 4 - 0 Hamilton Acade… View events More info
Sat 01/04/17 PRE Rangers 1 - 1 Motherwell View events More info
Wed 05/04/17 PRE Kilmarnock 0 - 0 Rangers

You'd have to ask, what was the dressing room dynamic so early into Pedro's reign and was this one of the reasons why Pedro was so reluctant to give Miller an extension ?

-----------------------

I'm sure the Windass interview will be well worth a watch.

11 minutes ago, buster. said:

You'd have to ask, what was the dressing room dynamic so early into Pedro's reign and was this one of the reasons why Pedro was so reluctant to give Miller an extension ?

-----------------------

I'm sure the Windass interview will be well worth a watch.

Yeah, its all a bit confusing. Was Miller just too much trouble or a real asset that was badly handled?

Doesnt really matter now i guess.  

4 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

Yeah, its all a bit confusing. Was Miller just too much trouble or a real asset that was badly handled?

Doesnt really matter now i guess.  

At the end of 16/17 (Pedros arrival), I think Miller was both trouble and an asset.

Jackson, at the Record was virtually campaigning for a Miller contract extension and there were people from within Auchenhowie were telling Jackson that Pedro didn't have a clue and wouldn't last long (fair to speculate that KM might have had a conversation or several with Jackson).

In the end, PC got rid of a fair few but Miller got his contract extension.

Further down the line, prior to the Hamilton away game you could see the anger within PC wrt to player(s) who he obviously thought had undermined him, ie. the relationship between PC and KM wasn't great.

You can take anyone of several views on this but given Miller and Murty had issues then it backs-up the allegation that KM wasn't for respecting the manager.

I'd say it was pretty much an omnishambles.

I think retired players tend to be more candid, the 'omerta' of the dressing room can be broken then, so they make for more interesting interviews. I was really surprised to hear Durrant say he didn't like Graham Roberts for example, it always looked like that side had no cliques. I guess every dressing room has cliques and groups that get on better, it's managing them that's the skill. 

As for Kenny Miller I find him fascinating. He's a hugely important player in Rangers modern history, one of a very select group to have been signed on 3 separate occasions, to have played under some of greatest managers and some of our worst, to have enjoyed great success and terrible failure and to have polarised our support like few others. It wouldn't surprise me if he makes it back to the marble staircase again some day. I can't wait for his book.