[FT] Rangers 0 - 0 Villarreal

I was suicidal at half-time. The sending off occurred immediately to my front, it appeared Tav' pushed Candeias into a challenge and he fell over the Villarreal left back? The Govan Stand Linesman was inept, the Referee incompetent. The Spaniards set up in the first half was an open diamond and two up in wider areas. They were fluid and cut us open, thankfully Greegs was immense in his positioning. The second half was going to be a horror show.

We got all narrow and made them pass it wide in our last third. We dealt with the crosses quite comfortably and deserved a couple of pieces of luck with deflected shots. It was heroic stuff against a La Liga side that spent £70 million in the summer. At full time, I tuned into BBC Radio Scotland on my small digital radio and heard seven minutes of downbeat and hesitant conversation.

In Vienna, I hope for a strong and competent Referee. 

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Indeed.Sounds like we might have lost with 11 men!

Eh ?

We played 44 minutes with 11 men and the game was even at that point.  They had chances but so too did we.  What nonsense.  Did you watch the game ?

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

Candeias, Tavernier and Morelos all went in on the player at the same time. Candeias didn’t make the trip on the player but it did look at first like he’d deliberately followed through and stood in the player and landed on him. After watching a few replays it doesn’t seem he made any malicious contact despite bundling over him. 

Just a shame you jumped to the same conclusion as the ref initially.....

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

That picture tells a thousand words.  A world class player (now manager) showing his appreciation for a STILL world class keeper.

McGregor has been absolutely outstanding this season.  Tonight no exception.

5 minutes ago, craig said:

That picture tells a thousand words.  A world class player (now manager) showing his appreciation for a STILL world class keeper.

McGregor has been absolutely outstanding this season.  Tonight no exception.