http://www.gersnetonline.net/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=412&Itemid=1

After another soulless performance at Ibrox yesterday, it was disappointing to note that once again the three essential virtues in the title above were missing from much of our team.

Right from the very first minute it was obvious that yesterday�s game would be a pedestrian affair. Killie may have had a fairly offensive set-up but they played mainly on the counter from a defensive outlook. Rangers, meanwhile, again opted for the 4-2-3-1 formation that has been such a hit and miss this season.

Certainly no-one can argue that against the bigger sides that formation seems to work pretty well. Even with Le Guen in charge we had some good results against European opposition as well as against the bigger domestic teams. However, it�s also pretty obvious that when we come up against more defensive outfits, we struggle with only the one striker. We just aren�t flexible enough when it comes to reacting to opposition formations.

In saying that, we could employ any tactic we like but if we continue to go into games without the necessary mental qualities, we will always struggle to match teams who do possess them. That explains why we have lost many games this season to supposed sub-standard opposition. Of course, the Falkirk�s, Caley Thistle�s and Kilmarnock�s of this world are not better than Rangers. Nevertheless, when we fail to match the spirit of the underdog, we will not secure the points.

After an excellent result and impressive display against Celtic last week once again our appalling lack of consistency was evident. We simply appear to lack the motivation and discipline to achieve this imperative goal. Given the fact that Walter Smith is renowned for having fine man-management skills that is extremely worrying 5 months into his new tenure.

The negative signs are all there and have been now for a number of months ââ?¬â?? going on years. From some players being obviously unfit to others simply not applying themselves on the park; one must question the club discipline.

Yesterday saw one of our greatest sons being remembered with what we all thought was a flawless minuteââ?¬â?¢s silence (none of that applause nonsense thankfully!). It is with extreme upset and disappointment though that after the match I quickly found out that two of our players couldnââ?¬â?¢t even take a few seconds out of their comedy routines to respect Kai Johansenââ?¬â?¢s memory. Both Allan McGregor and Kris Boyd ââ?¬â?? supposed big Rangers fans ââ?¬â?? preferred to share a private joke as the rest of the stadium (including the excellent Killie fans) stood in silence. Inexplicable behaviour from senior players which this fan cannot understand.

Now, some fans calling for them to be sold is perhaps going a few steps too far but this disgraceful episode is another own goal from a set of players who, with each passing week, appear to isolate themselves further from the very people who pay their wages. At a time where the club are asking (and mainly receiving) the highest possible standards from the support, it seems the players can�t (or won�t) match these minimal requirements. Ergo, I hope to hear about suitable punishments and apologies from the players involved.

Allan McGregor and Kris Boyd have had decent seasons. McGregor has grown into the goalkeeping number one position very well and Boyd�s goals are one of the main reasons we managed to secure second place. Both are now international quality players. However, simply having the practical qualities should never be enough to assume the job is done. Unfortunately, too many people at Rangers Football Club (and particularly the players) are simply just turning up and not applying themselves fully.

Every Rangers employee should conduct themselves with the utmost standards of pride and professionalism whilst showing the kind of passion that should never be taken for granted. If anyone at the club can�t provide those minimal values then quite simply they are not good enough to be part of the Rangers. I sincerely hope as the end of this unacceptable season ends; every person at Rangers appreciates that second best will never be good enough. Whilst expectations have to remain realistic it�s not unreasonable to expect much, much more from our football club.

Pride, professionalism and passion should be the foundations Rangers careers are built on. An occasional glimpse is not enough.

great piece. I didn't notice the McGregor/Boyd thing at the game but they should be hammered for what they did. Maybe a fine and dropping them for the last game of the season will teach them a lesson

i cant believe that about boyd / macgregor - my immediate reaction is that they should be sold, impractical as it is.

I was similarly upset mate. But there may have been a reason for their loss of standards.

However, the very least I'd like to see is them fined, dropped and made to apologise.

Fine piece Frankie:

Rangers, meanwhile, again opted for the 4-2-3-1 formation that has been such a hit and miss this season.

I kinda like the idea of this formation but its obviously makes us blow hot and cold so therefore should be looked at in the summer.

After an excellent result and impressive display against Celtic last week once again our appalling lack of consistency was evident. We simply appear to lack the motivation and discipline to achieve this imperative goal. Given the fact that Walter Smith is renowned for having fine man-management skills that is extremely worrying 5 months into his new tenure.

This is so typical Rangers. I backed them on my coupon yesterday but at the time I got a gut feeling I was doing the wrong thing. It is yet another lesson and reminder for next season. My only worry is that games like this will be forgot and we will get more lessons next season. Smith HAS to remind players in situations / games like yesterday.

The negative signs are all there and have been now for a number of months ââ?¬â?? going on years. From some players being obviously unfit to others simply not applying themselves on the park; one must question the club discipline.

This angers me a lot. The average joe on the street often tries to get as fit as possible by using local gyms etc but when these players are being paid silly amounts of money compared to the average punter not only to be an athelete but provided with state of the art facilities its just wrong. Smiths first era was a different situation - they still went out on the park and did the business despite enjoying a drink but some players at the moment are acting like big time Charlies just pocking the cash.

Smith needs to get tough with the team on the fitness side of things.

It is with extreme upset and disappointment though that after the match I quickly found out that two of our players couldnââ?¬â?¢t even take a few seconds out of their comedy routines to respect Kai Johansenââ?¬â?¢s memory. Both Allan McGregor and Kris Boyd ââ?¬â?? supposed big Rangers fans ââ?¬â?? preferred to share a private joke as the rest of the stadium (including the excellent Killie fans) stood in silence.

First I heard about this and thats a disgrace. What a couple of plums. They definatly need to explain and I hope the club hammer them with fines. Selling them is bit drastic but this is unbelievably disrepectable of the highest order and not acceptable. My personal opinion of Boyd is at a low anyway and this makes it worse.

If the Boyd/AM story is picked up by the media then we may well do so.

I'm not sure it's something we'd release a statement on without knowing the full facts but there's no harm in asking for clarity on why the players acted in that way.

i cant believe that about boyd / macgregor - my immediate reaction is that they should be sold, impractical as it is.

Mine too Barry. I'm a bit to young to remember Kai, but that makes no odds whatsoever. It is a total sign of disrespect whther it be a Rangers legend, a Celtic player, anybody! Totaly out of line.

Good read Frankie. One thing I would say, although I never saw the game, it was end-of-season with nowt to play for. Players are probably winding down to their holidays which, with the season over is understandable. I think the Killie game and the Aberdeen game should have been used to blood young players more. It's the only use for them.

Mate, end of season fare it may have been but the negatives from the article are not limuted to such games.

We've seen it all this season, all last season and for most of the last 7 years. It's not good enough.