RAY McKINNON reckons Zak Rudden can become just like Ally McCoist

The Falkirk manager is desperate to extend the Rangers kid’s loan for the rest of the season.

McKinnon, who signed Davis Keillor-Dunn on loan from Ross County yesterday, said: “I absolutely can see Zak as a Rangers first-team player.

“He’s scored eight goals with a team that has been bottom all season. 

“Imagine him playing for Rangers in a couple of years with people setting up chances for him.

“He is a goalscorer, he needs to be in that six-yard box, like an Ally McCoist type. He just sniffs out goals.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3733105/zak-rudden-ally-mccoist-ray-mckinnon-rangers-falkirk/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1547203988

At that age it's about constantly improving year on year.

When Ryan Hardie was a similar age he was scoring goals for Raith in the Championship (6 in 753 minutes)* and whilst he has progressed since then, it's been at a rate that suggests he's not going to reach a high level in the game.

* Rudden currently has 7 in 1331 minutes.

At 18, Rudden has a chance to make it big but he'll have to work hard and then work harder.

13 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

The Falkirk manager is desperate to extend the Rangers kid’s loan for the rest of the season.

McKinnon, who signed Davis Keillor-Dunn on loan from Ross County yesterday, said: “I absolutely can see Zak as a Rangers first-team player.

“He’s scored eight goals with a team that has been bottom all season. 

“Imagine him playing for Rangers in a couple of years with people setting up chances for him.

“He is a goalscorer, he needs to be in that six-yard box, like an Ally McCoist type. He just sniffs out goals.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3733105/zak-rudden-ally-mccoist-ray-mckinnon-rangers-falkirk/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1547203988

Great to see he's doing so well at such a young age and receiving praise like that. 

Falkirk are the lowest scoring team in the league with 17 goals in 20 games. Rudden has played only 15 but scored 7 of those 17 goals. It's fantastic stuff for an 18 year old and what we'd expect from an academy player who is on his way to being a first team player.

• Frankie changed the title to RAY McKINNON reckons Zak Rudden can become just like Ally McCoist
1 minute ago, buster. said:

At that age it's about constantly improving year on year.

When Ryan Hardie was a similar age he was scoring goals for Raith in the Championship (6 in 753 minutes)* and whilst he has progressed since then, it's been at a rate that suggests he's not going to reach a high level in the game.

* Rudden currently has 7 in 1331 minutes.

At 18, Rudden has a chance to make it big but he'll have to work hard and then work harder.

Falkirk look like they are creating hardly any chances this season though so it's not easy to compare directly with Hardie. It must be frustrating for Rudden to be playing for a team who are so poor in the final third but he's certainly making the most of it.

I hope Ray McKinnon has not inadvertently stuck a label on Zak Rudden. 

Zak Rudden may, or not be, the next Ally McCoist. It's quite a claim and I understand journalistic license has been utilised. Falkirk's manager praising a young player, searching for a term of reference, has chosen attributes most folks associate with Ally.

I remember Billy McBungle praising a young Sellik player, Stevie Fulton. He associated him with Roberto Baggio, on screen; thus no journalistic license. Fulton became a figure of ridicule. 

4 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I hope Ray McKinnon has not inadvertently stuck a label on Zak Rudden. 

Zak Rudden may, or not be, the next Ally McCoist. It's quite a claim and I understand journalistic license has been utilised. Falkirk's manager praising a young player, searching for a term of reference, has chosen attributes most folks associate with Ally.

I remember Billy McBungle praising a young Sellik player, Stevie Fulton. He associated him with Roberto Baggio, on screen; thus no journalistic license. Fulton became a figure of ridicule. 

A label yes and perhaps a little more attention and pressure...... but certainly not much in the way of scope for ridicule.

There was always going to be comic value in the Baggio/Fulton comparison in any way you approached it :D 

If the lad Rudden is made of the stuff he'll need to make it at Rangers, this won't bother him in a negative sense.

Edited by buster.

Zak Rudden rejoins Falkirk on loan until the end of the season

The striker scored eight goals in his first four months with the Bairns and will now go straight into the Falkirk squad for today's game against Partick Thistle

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3738053/rangers-zak-rudden-falkirk-loan-season/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1547300168