According To Real Radio Website:

CELTIC SIGN BROWN

Celtic's won the race to sign Hibs midfielder Scott Brown. It's reported the Edinburgh side's agreed a deal worth more than four million pounds for the 21 year old. He should stay in Glasgow for five years. The move's expected to be confirmed by the club later.

Wouldn't pay that money for him.

Real Radio base their stories on the Record....

Let's look at their version:

How is this first first-class red-top action...?

CELTS LAND £4.4M BROWN

EXCLUSIVE Hibs star agrees 5-year deal worth £25k a week

By James Traynor And Keith Jackson

CELTIC last night won the race to sign Hibs midfield dynamo Scott Brown.

The transfer of the 21-year-old, the hottest property in Scottish football, will be confirmed today.

Hibs have accepted a £4.4million offer for the Scotland star who will earn a massive £25,000 a week on a five-year deal.

It's a dream move for a player paid just £2000 at Easter Road.

Celtic and Rangers have been linked with Brown all season but the Parkhead men stepped up their efforts after we revealed that prepared to pay as much as £5.5million to snare Scotland's hot test property.

At one stage yesterday Brown was on his way across the M8 to Glasgow after the Parkhead club had a massive £4.6m offer accepted by Petrie.

But mysteriously Petrie then withdrew permission for the player to meet with Lawwell.

It remains unclear whether Celtic's offer has been topped by a rival bidder, with Boro and Reading both in contention.

In fact, Reading have emerged as a serious possibility with an offer that is believed to be marginally higher than Celtic's.

:D

Until i see it i dont believe it. Clyde1 and Real Radio both use the papers for they're "exclusives". And how many times do the rebel cock up?

I remember the Rebel told us back in early January Kevin Thomson preferred to play for Celtic.

Whether its true or not, its the work of the agent trying to up the offers for Brown.

My mate who is usually spot on with Edinburgh related stuff is saying that we were informed of the offers on the table for Brown, but that we wouldn't go above our offer of 15K per week for him.

probably bollocks, but it kind of makes sense.

Good mate of mine is a Mhank and he's extremely upset at the prospect of paying this kind of money for Brown.

We were joking earlier that the only fighting we should be doing over Robbie Fowler is "No, you have him!".