How much is Alfredo Morelos worth?

How much is Alfredo Morelos worth?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How much is Alfredo Morelos worth?

• £20 Million
    • £21 Million or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/19 at 18:50

I'm in the minority here but I think talk of Morelos being a £20m+ player is over the top and premature. The bottom line for me is that it is very hard to tell how good he is in our league. His touch, ball control, passing & finishing can often make him look raw imo. At other times he's rag-dolling centre backs and bringing others into the game very well. As things stand he's about £13-15m maybe, and some of that is potential rather than what he is right now.

4 hours ago, buster. said:

With potential, I'd say he's worth around 12M just now but the fact is it depends on how much interested clubs are willing to pay.

There are times I really worry about you buster? Ross McCormack went for £12m in the championship and is now playing for Motherwell ffs! Get a hold of yer self!

Alfredo is worth 20m+ and if someone wants him all they have to do is other £25m (in the summer) with a 10-20% sell on clause and they can talk to him. Otherwise they can jog on! 

Edited by cooponthewing

9 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Ross McCormack went for £12m in the championship and is now playing for Motherwell ffs! Get a hold of yer self!

2 and a half years ago...

Ross McCormack was the Championship's all time top goalscorer at the time of that transfer (and still is) and at the height of his powers. It is far more difficult to score in that league than ours so Morelos has a lot to do to prove he's as good as McCormack was. He was also signed by a rival club which inflates the fee though.

22 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

There are times I really worry about you buster? Ross McCormack went for £12m in the championship and is now playing for Motherwell ffs! Get a hold of yer self!

Alfredo is worth 20m+ and if someone wants him all they have to do is other £25m (in the summer) with a 10-20% sell on clause and they can talk to him. Otherwise they can jog on! 

As it stands (in the real world), he isn't...........  but in time might well be worth more than that.

45 minutes ago, buster. said:

As it stands (in the real world), he isn't...........  but in time might well be worth more than that.

Was it Solanke that went for 18 million and he has hardly played a first team game?

Sadly, what clubs will pay for a footballer is hugely influenced by their perception of what the selling club will accept, so to try to value a player in terms of his abilities, age, experience, etc just doesn't work.

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

Sadly, what clubs will pay for a footballer is hugely influenced by their perception of what the selling club will accept, so to try to value a player in terms of his abilities, age, experience, etc just doesn't work.

Yes, and English clubs have a very low view of our league. The player Celtic players who got good money had performed well in the Champions League but Morelos has only played at Europa League level.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I said 30 mill when there was only 2 hours left of the window but you are right it is what the club will accept. In saying that Morelos is probably worth more than 30 million to us.

Not convinced he is EPL yet but definitely top few clubs in championship would be his level right now. I think he will be EPL so sell on clause vital. He could be a 40m player in a couple of years if he develops. Anything north of 15m will be hard for the board to resist but I’d be looking for sell on of 10%. He’s a better prospect than dembele. 

50 minutes ago, pete said:

I said 30 mill when there was only 2 hours left of the window but you are right it is what the club will accept. In saying that Morelos is probably worth more than 30 million to us.

If he scores the goals or is the difference between champions league or not that’s bang on Pete.