Another press attack on Morelos

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

All goal scorers have a selfish streak in them, and there are occasions when he shows it but look at him at the first Livvie goal for example.

I'm only saying it's a concern I've had, and I did have watching the St Mirren game. Nothing wrong with a selfish streak but I was worried that he was more selfish than usual because Defoe was starting up front with him. I hope I'm wrong because that partnership could really flourish if he had the right attitude with a lot of goals and assists for both of them.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

I'm only saying it's a concern I've had, and I did have watching the St Mirren game. Nothing wrong with a selfish streak but I was worried that he was more selfish than usual because Defoe was starting up front with him. I hope I'm wrong because that partnership could really flourish if he had the right attitude with a lot of goals and assists for both of them.

Your point is a valid one. Morelos and Defoe barely communicated during the game but that’s how Morelos is anyway. He is like that with every partner. 

52 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Your point is a valid one. Morelos and Defoe barely communicated during the game but that’s how Morelos is anyway. He is like that with every partner. 

It's more worrying for me because of how open he has been about having an eye on his next move. I'm worried that he could become more concerned about his goals tally than our points tally.

Edited by DMAA

The press dislike (or hatred in some cases) for Morelos shows that he is a good asset. 

I'd preferred him to have been more team orientated on Saturday but that's not one of his strong points and we all know that.  

I felt Morelos had a rather mixed game on Saturday, at times very good while at other times he was a bit slack especially in his passing.  i also think there was no need for him to tackle the St.Mirren player from behind and pick up a booking; although the StMirren player did make the most of the tackle.

12 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

i also think there was no need for him to tackle the St.Mirren player from behind and pick up a booking; although the StMirren player did make the most of the tackle

He did not tackle the St Mirren player from behind,he came across to tackle and, if you can get footage,slipped  causing him to slide into the player taking a big divot out the pitch where he slipped.

17 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

I felt Morelos had a rather mixed game on Saturday, at times very good while at other times he was a bit slack especially in his passing.  i also think there was no need for him to tackle the St.Mirren player from behind and pick up a booking; although the StMirren player did make the most of the tackle.

I agree. There was debate on FF after someone compared him to Michael Mols after the match. I think at this stage his primary attributes are very much physical whereas the technical side of his game needs a lot of work, and in all honesty will never reach Mols level.

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

Agree that it's unwarranted to devote an article to it and if you say he did celebrate then there is dishonesty there too, but the article aside I do think that Morelos has a very poor attitude and is often all about himself in the final third to the detriment of the team. I think the contrast to Defoe is valid too who is streets ahead of Morelos when it comes to linking up with and setting up teammates. 

His number of assists would suggest that he often makes decent decisions in the final third too.

You would expect Defoe to be better at linking up team mates - he's a better all round striker, more mature and has played at the highest level.

2 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Communicating will be tough for him as his English isn't great.  Not only that but Defoe has only just come in and they have played alongside each other a couple of times.

The lack of patience in some of our fans (not you coop) is shocking at times.