Stewart Robertson calls for clarity on the disciplinary process in Scotland

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Ally McCoist is one such person who was directly affected by BBC Scotland when employed by Rangers and has media gumption in spades.

McCoist is not the person I would want sticking up for Rangers players, basically because he won't! he is another one who would rather keep his pay masters happy!

I think we have to remember that Green would have let the SFA take away league titles if it wasn't for Ally McCoist. Personally I think he is treated worse than he deserves. He only took a wage he was due. How many Rangers supporters say to their boss just to keep their money?

8 minutes ago, pete said:

I think we have to remember that Green would have let the SFA take away league titles if it wasn't for Ally McCoist. Personally I think he is treated worse than he deserves. He only took a wage he was due. How many Rangers supporters say to their boss just to keep their money?

How many times now has McCoist had the opportunity to defend Rangers players while he was on BT? that is the point, not what he did for us before!.

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Do we have any ex-players who are willing to put their head above the parapet? most are happy just to take the coin!. I can't think of one ex-player who is willing to challenge this or the bias on show?.

Kevin Thomson :ninja:

Alex Rae, whilst taking SSB coin, does a decent job at defending the club - could be more aggressive though.

Not sure I could name five right enough - though, strangely, we have guys like Negri & Amoruso who defend us on social media at times - but could do with it being a concerted effort.

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

McCoist has proven himself to be a very adept trough-guzzler, so don't hold your breath.

Gerrard speaking out about it is what we need.  Then people outside Scotland will pay some attention.

I get that McCoist tends to be motivated by money (it's not uncommon) but he'd be a good person to contribute in an effort against BBC Scotland because he's very good at media and he's had an up close and personal negative experience in the same fight against PQ.

Whether he'd be up for it, I don't know but you can only ask.

We should let Gerrard get on with managing the first team as much as possible but yes, he'd definately be an excellent voice when and if we really wanted/needed a specific message to reach a UK audience.

7 hours ago, buster. said:

I thought the Robertson interview was long overdue and needs to be followed up.

Too often we've seen a play that is made at a time to appease disgruntled fans that isn't followed-up.

#strategy

Yes the interview was both welcome and long overdue.

In isolation it won't have much effect and needs to be step one on a journey or else it ends up futile, I'm not holding my breath.  

22 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Dan Roan Ban Proves BBC Scotland Agenda Against Rangers

https://www.thecoplandroad.org/2019/02/dan-roan-ban-proves-bbc-scotland-agenda.html

A question regards the point raised in the CRO article needs to be researched, carefully framed and very publicly asked by Rangers.

It could serve as part of a follow-up to the Robertson interview.