Stewart Robertson calls for clarity on the disciplinary process in Scotland

He spoke well and made his point. His "we're being treated differently from every other club" line nails it.

Interesting to hear that the BBC wanted to come back and cover matches but not interview players or managers. Whilst the lack of coverage of our home matches angers me I support the club in saying 'no' to that. As Robertson says, just treated us the same way you treat every other club. 

I said last night I thought Gerrard should say this, but I'm delighted someone has said it. 

There is no clarity on the disciplinary process in Scottish football. 

He needs to start by asking the SFA who selects the incidents which the Compliance Officer passes judgement on.

And why some clubs such as ours get selected more than others for incidents in our games whereas similar incidents in other games get overlooked 

No doubt this has come with full prior legal scrutiny but I still think we're playing the wrong game. This isn't about high diplomacy or coded statements. The club should simply come out and say in plain language that Rangers is being discriminated against and that blatant cheating is ongoing against us from both fellow member clubs and officials at all levels. We must force the SFA to defend itself, not just give them an easy excuse to sweep it under the carpet with glib denials. They urgently need a spotlight shone into their mess.

If we restrict ourselves to DEFCON 3, the Scottish media will condemn us and rush to the SFA's aid. If we take it to DEFCON 5 it will be seen and heard all over the world - the one thing the haters are terrified of. The accusations should be so damning that only an independent enquiry will answer them.

• Rousseau changed the title to Stewart Robertson calls for clarity on the disciplinary process in Scotland
1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

Interesting to hear that the BBC wanted to come back and cover matches but not interview players or managers. Whilst the lack of coverage of our home matches angers me I support the club in saying 'no' to that. 

I honestly haven’t noticed any difference tbh. What games would the BBC be covering exactly anyway?? They still show our games on the website and sortscene, & I wish they wouldn’t bother on the latter as they just highlight any incident where the ref has been lenient with a Rangers player!

Q: How are they finding these incidents then? You mention Sportscene?

A: “We understand incidents are highlighted from all sorts of sources. The correlation with Sportscene is obviously very high.

“We, as a club, have our own issues with the BBC Scotland. BBC have refused to attend Ibrox since November 2015 – and the dispute has gone on much longer than that.

“They recently asked to come to Ibrox, but only to cover the matches. They would not be interviewing our manager and our players.

“Now, if they are treating us differently in that respect, are there other areas where they are also treating Rangers differently in terms of the incidents which we are seeing being highlighted at the weekend.

“You only have to look at the Alfredo Morelos incident in the Old Firm game, where they seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time examining Alfredo’s actions, but at no time at all did they look at any other actions from that game with the same scrutiny.

“Morelos was then effectively vilified for three weeks on various BBC platforms. So you have to question if they are treating us differently – they have confirmed in writing that they are treating us differently from every other Premiership club – where else are they treating us differently?

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/qa-stewart-robertson/

So BBC have admitted they treat us different from any other club! surely as a publicly funded organisation this is not allowed and heads need to roll.