Stewart Robertson calls for clarity on the disciplinary process in Scotland

In a statement, BBC Scotland said: "The central part of this dispute is that Rangers is continuing to operate an exceptional ban of one of our journalists.

"We have offered to return to Ibrox to provide commentary, as per our contracted rights, while we try to find a permanent solution to the overall dispute, but Rangers have said this is unacceptable.

"Our coverage, including analysis and comment, is editorially fair.

"We will continue to speak to both Rangers and the SPFL about the situation as we believe it's in the best interest of our audiences to restore the ability to bring commentaries from all SPFL grounds."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3896856/bbc-scotland-rangers-editorially-fair/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1550565301

15 hours ago, Bill said:

No doubt this has come with full prior legal scrutiny but I still think we're playing the wrong game. This isn't about high diplomacy or coded statements. The club should simply come out and say in plain language that Rangers is being discriminated against and that blatant cheating is ongoing against us from both fellow member clubs and officials at all levels. We must force the SFA to defend itself, not just give them an easy excuse to sweep it under the carpet with glib denials. They urgently need a spotlight shone into their mess.

If we restrict ourselves to DEFCON 3, the Scottish media will condemn us and rush to the SFA's aid. If we take it to DEFCON 5 it will be seen and heard all over the world - the one thing the haters are terrified of. The accusations should be so damning that only an independent enquiry will answer them.

What does DEFCON 5 look like ?

(As Scott pointed out, I take it you mean DEFCON 1)

Lay it out in some detail 

I'm curious because whilst the line may sound good to disgruntled fans, I don't think it realistic unless it has a solid legal base.

However, I may be wrong, if you could explain how it would work.

I thought the Robertson interview was long overdue and needs to be followed up.

Too often we've seen a play that is made at a time to appease disgruntled fans that isn't followed-up.

#strategy

Edited by buster.

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

I thought the Robertson interview was long overdue and needs to be followed up.

To often we've seen a play that is made at a time to appease disgruntled fans that isn't followed-up.

#strategy

Exactly. We should have 5 ex-players lined up to make comments in the press about it over the next 5 days.

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Exactly. We should have 5 ex-players lined up to make comments in the press about it over the next 5 days.

Do we have any ex-players who are willing to put their head above the parapet? most are happy just to take the coin!. I can't think of one ex-player who is willing to challenge this or the bias on show?.