Close brother facility renewed

Important to clarify what has happened today

As we know Rangers used this facility to cover any shortfall last season, well they have taken the opportunity to renew that option so that the money is there this time should they need it. Most likely to be around same amount as last year (£3m) 

Saves the money coming from King or directors, allows us to continue to redevelop the stadium or whatever and shows we are strong enough financially to pay it back come the summer 

Edited by Stevie - 4lads Blog

Just as well we got into the European group stages.

On this theme, one of the most important things for SG&Co to get right is to have the team up and running for the European qualifiers in the summer and hope for a degree of luck come the draw.

15 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

I would take that largely as a positive. 

That's stretching it a bit.

Having to secure assets against a Close Brothers Facility isn't a positive IMO, at least in an ideal world.

It's about where we are on the road back,...the positive is that we are on that road and moving forward.

Nothing wrong with having an overdraft. The worry would be if we don’t pay it back this year. Close brothers seem to be raising their profile, I seem to remember seeing them sponsoring a team in England..

I suppose it's symptomatic of our recent history that we feel the need to explain something like this.  In any other business this would just be normal and far from newsworthy.  The directors should be using credit lines like this, rather than funding end of season cash flow challenges from their own investments.  That would be crazy.

As 917 said, we should always be vigilant to how it's used because that can be an indicator, but if it's agreed or extended it's just smart business.

7 hours ago, 917 said:

Nothing wrong with having an overdraft. The worry would be if we don’t pay it back this year. Close brothers seem to be raising their profile, I seem to remember seeing them sponsoring a team in England..

It not an overdraft, it’s a credit facility.  Though it acts in a similar fashion.