[FT] Rangers 1 - 1 Kilmarnock (Morelos 64')

53 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Can't believe you were predicting no changes ? I think it's reached a stage where an unchanged side would be met with near hostility, but more importantly I think Gerrard recognises that you just have to drop players after two very costly poor performances. The other side of that is that you have to giev guys a chance when they are watching the guys starting ahead of them failing. Defoe especially needs a chance. I have been a fan of Middleton all season I would give him a start but surely he can make the bench at least, the wingers are misfiring and I can't understand why you wouldn't have him as an option.

You're right.

But, I believe that's our strongest team, and I just couldn't see who would come in. Maybe Davis and McCrorie, but that wouldn't change much, IMO. And, as we all know, we're desperately short of options out wide. 

Frankie's 4-diamond-2 would be the obvious change. Even then, I didn't expect many personnel changes.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

You're right.

But, I believe that's our strongest team, and I just couldn't see who would come in. Maybe Davis and McCrorie, but that wouldn't change much, IMO. And, as we all know, we're desperately short of options out wide. 

Frankie's 4-diamond-2 would be the obvious change. Even then, I didn't expect many personnel changes.

I was expecting more changes @Rousseau but having seen the press conference I am now thinking he won't be changing very much at all, including formations.  He seems to imply that the reaction of the players is what's he's looking for.  I don't think that's going to be enough.  I hope I'm wrong.

47 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I was expecting more changes @Rousseau but having seen the press conference I am now thinking he won't be changing very much at all, including formations.  He seems to imply that the reaction of the players is what's he's looking for.  I don't think that's going to be enough.  I hope I'm wrong.

I think it'll be enough--they can play very well. The question is whether we get that reaction.

Of course the 11 are capable of winning but we don't need 3 in the middle of the park, their centre midfield is rubbish, they don't even have Mulumbu tonight.

I think we are wasting Defoe on the bench, it's been painful to watch the wastefulness in front of goal the last couple of games in particular but all season in all honesty.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

Of course the 11 are capable of winning but we don't need 3 in the middle of the park, their centre midfield is rubbish, they don't even have Mulumbu tonight.

I think we are wasting Defoe on the bench, it's been painful to watch the wastefulness in front of goal the last couple of games in particular but all season in all honesty.

You think a midfield two -- whoever it might be -- is good enough to out-play a 5-man midfield?