13 hours ago, Frankie said:

Unfortunately, we don't have many other options.  Matty Shiels might even be ahead of Wallace and Barisic won't be ready tonight (but maybe for Sunday).

Matt Shield is too young for that right now and not enough experience.

he does, however, have talent and potential.  Funnily enough, in his earlier days he was a striker at Rangers youth level.  Highly thought of and almost like a Hutton in that he started as a striker and has found his way into defense.

Had a chat with him one night when he was injured at youth level.  Was doing “extras” as he was desperate to be fit to play against THEM.  Nice, amenable, humble, grounded kid

13 hours ago, der Berliner said:

As it did every time when he covered that role in Europe for us? He is a solid defender and there is no need to lambast anyone not playing gung-ho like Tavernier or is Numan Mk. II, We are where we are and these chaps sure give their all out there.

The same way you lambasted Kyle Hutton ?  #hypocrisy

5 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I'm unsure what formation that could be.

Maybe just the normal 4-3-3 with Arfield playing wide right?

Or, maybe a 4-diamond-2 with Kent playing up front beside Defoe?

Didn’t see the game but that line up was a 4-2-3-1 if ever I saw one.

im probably wrong

5 hours ago, 917 said:

Huge 2 games for Stevie G. He needs 10 pts to match Murty's pts tally from 2018, but I don't see us getting 10 from the post split fixtures. I can't see us getting less than 4 either though, so 6 from Motherwell & Hearts are a must!

I’m gonna have to be contrarian and day that points totals only tell parts of a story.

even if (and we won’t) end up with less points than we did under Caixinha there can be absolutely no doubt that Gerrard’s Rangers are a wholly different side to Caixinha’s.

in terms of style, formation, knowledge and performance (strange as the last one sounds) this team is absolutely Mike’s ahead of last season’s team.

Those who look at simply points are missing the point (pun intended) because very few points last season did we drop and say “didn’t deserve to drop points there” whereas this season there are few games where we’ve dropped point and the reaction is “didn’t deserve to drop points their”

Personally, the reality for me is that, sure, we need to be more consistent.... however, how competitive was Murty or Pedro’s team against Celtic ??  Not very.  Gerrard’s Rangers have lost one (predominantly due to a foul in the build up), won one (could have been a 3 or 4 goal victory) and then lost one again (where we were, IMO, comfortably the better team and more likely to win the game, despite being down to 10 men).

Could Pedro, Murty or Warburton make those same claims ?  I highly doubt it !

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

Disappointed in the lineup. He seems determination to avoid mixing it up at all costs. Middleton doesn’t even make the bench, 4 centre midfielders start instead of Grezda getting a game. Hopefully it’s a diamond with Kent up front because if its 4-3-3 with those players I’m worried. 

Grexda’s been pish, and he’s been injured.  Why would he warrant a start ?

5 hours ago, der Berliner said:

That`s rubbish and I wonder how you draw a comparison between Hutton and Flanagan and why?

Quite easy to draw a comparison.  

You bemoan anyone criticizing Flanagan.  Yet you yourself criticized, heavily and uncomplimentary, Kyle Hutton.

its a valid comparison if you can see past your defensive outlook.

Call it rubbish all you like but you DID complain about Hutton and you ARE criticizing those who now complain about Flanagan.  And it IS called hypocrisy (something we ALL are culpable of from time to time)