downsizing gone mad...

Langfield almost signed for us years ago, presumably when WS was in charge last which explains this approach. I know people aren't happy about this sort of signing, but he's an experienced SPL keeper, what more do we want just now? If AM is going to be number 1 next season, a position I think he's earned, then that should save some money for areas of the team which really need spending on.

Also, remember that as things stand, you're asking someone to come to Ibrox and know they're starting off as our number two keeper. Not an easy position to fill.

surely we should be looking for a keeper who is going to push mcgregor for the number 1 jersey?

it just annoys me seeing us linked to sign mediocre players when we already have an abundance of them at ibrox...

The only keeper around I can think of that is better than MacGregor is Gordon, who has a huge price tag, and he's not that much better. MacGregor actually has the best record in the league this season for goalies.

So to me there is no point in spending a load of our precious budget on a top class keeper. However, with Klos leaving, if we don't think Robinson is good enough as a reliable backup, we need to find a reasonable, experienced and not too expensive keeper, who is happy to play second fiddle to MacGregor due to bigger wage and better club.

Langfield makes sense for that type of signing...

Remember the goalie is a different position to the rest and we only got away with two good keepers before by paying extortionate wages.

Guest Sutton_Blows_Goats

I think we need an older guy for backup with a bit of european experience, a bit like the mullet, just a stop gap for a few years and we can send some of the younger guys out on loan to get some exp.

Langfeild just won't cut it for me, not good enough to be even a backup.

If Langfield signed for us which meant our keepers being him and McGregor we would be aswell watching Cowdenbeath every week. Cant nobody see signings like this is why we havent won a trophy for 2 seasons now.

If you buy average SPL players then you become an average SPL team - simple statement.

We should be looking at bringing in a top keeper and McGregor should be the back up.

Guest Sutton_Blows_Goats
If Langfield signed for us which meant our keepers being him and McGregor we would be aswell watching Cowdenbeath every week. Cant nobody see signings like this is why we havent won a trophy for 2 seasons now.

If you buy average SPL players then you become an average SPL team - simple statement.

We should be looking at bringing in a top keeper and McGregor should be the back up.

The problem with that is McGregor thinks that he is too good to be back up, and the way some fans fawn over his inconsistant flapping performances don't help keep his ego in check.

So if we did sign a top keeper we'd still need to sign a back up anyway, cos mcgregor and his agent, mr mclies would engineer a move offski (good riddance)