From Youth Cup Final To The First Team

Good game to watch.  I thought McPake and Dapo  stood out in terms of our attacking play.  McPake certainly looks like he is has a bit of physicality and Dapo looks very tricky and did well to earn the penalty.

23 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Good game to watch.  I thought McPake and Dapo  stood out in terms of our attacking play.  McPake certainly looks like he is has a bit of physicality and Dapo looks very tricky and did well to earn the penalty.

Dapo needs to work harder to defend. McPake(11) Williams(4) and the right-back Paterson were the best for me.

I've given up predicting who'll make it and who won't, the jump from youth football to first team requires more than ability to bridge. Our right back caught my eye, as did McPake but whether they've got any chance of making our first team in any regular capacity is anyone's guess. They all need to be starting to play first team football fairly soon to keep progressing in my opinion, I doubt that'll be with us though, I suspect a season at Falkirk or Morton on loan await a few of them. 

The wee Dembele lad at Celtic, who's had a lot of hype already, can clearly play, but he looks tiny when you see him at that level. I actually thought the other black kid Celtic had looked a better prospect, but as I said I'm no judge of these things.

Could I ask one of the Admin team to post this clip on the 'Pacific Quay Musings' thread?

I saw the clip early this afternoon and was surprised at the way the Gang Hut had phrased the narrative. Watching the game live last evening, Kai Kennedy had broken down the touch line and had been taken out by a slide tackle from behind. It was a clear foul, not awarded. PQ think it's a caper/antic for Kennedy to move back on to the playing area, after Liam Morrison had dragged him off it. A role reversal would have seen PQ present a different narrative involving young Rangers players exhibiting a sense of entitlement.

As stated before, the PQ Musings thread is an attempt to catalogue how they treat Rangers and Rangers supporters on a daily/weekly basis. In future, the proof is sitting there. Thanks in advance.