[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Aberdeen (Tavernier 48 pen, 80 pen)

So, 11 points ahead of the sheep who still have delusions of being a major rival. We have only one rival and it’s not them. No rival of ours plays like relegation battlers with no ambition but to pack their own area even after going a goal down. 

They did put us out of both cups and have given us plenty to think about this season.

Good performance today.   We still lacked some clinical play in the final third which would have made it 4 or 5 but I was happy with Davis, Kamara and Katic.  Kent's play today summed up why we shouldn't break the bank to get him. He flatters to deceive. 

A wee mention for Defoe, who I was impressed with.  

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

They did put us out of both cups and have given us plenty to think about this season.

Good performance today.   We still lacked some clinical play in the final third which would have made it 4 or 5 but I was happy with Davis, Kamara and Katic.  Kent's play today summed up why we shouldn't break the bank to get him. He flatters to deceive. 

A wee mention for Defoe, who I was impressed with.  

Agree that they have given us something to think about but I think the team that has given us more to think about is ourselves tbh. Aberdeen will be lucky to have mustered 10 shots on target over the 7 games we have played against them. If they had outplayed us I would be worried about our future but I genuinely feel that now that SG has a season under his belt and with a few additions we will be able to fix the Aberdeen/Killmarnock problem. If we can start addressing the dropped points against those type of teams we will be in the mix for the title.

The Aberdeen support's reaction to the SCOTLAND IS BRITISH - NO SURRENDER flag was possibly the highlight of the day, for me.

They were absolutely livid.

Edited by Gonzo79

As I said in my post my MoM was Kamara seemed to find space that"was not there" to receive the ball,played some great passes,showed tremendous commitment was able to hurdle some "leg breaking" tackles and was always there to assist his fellow players a total steal at 50 grand.

In the past I was always wary of set pieces against us but now with our goalie and central defenders have much more faith.

Like Black Socks I also think Kent,although a decent player,flatters to deceive and with us having Middleton plus the likely return of Murphy plus Jones coming in we would be better using any monies to strengthen elsewhere.

Even if we can get Defoe/Davis to keep playing this way for one more season that would be a bonus.

5 hours ago, pete said:

Sponser MOM = Goldson

Steven Smith - Tavernier

For me it was a choice of Davis and Katic with Katic winning it with a short arm. Katic was immence. Not too sure what Goldson did to earn it to be honest.

Katic for me too.

Quick look at some stats from this game taken from the BBC.

Possession: Rangers 66% - sheep 34%

Shots: Rangers 16 - sheep 4

Shots on Target: Rangers 6 - sheep 1

Corners: Rangers 7 - sheep 1

Sounds like the sheep were played off the park and lucky to escape a humiliation? Not at all, they wuz robbed.

McInnes claims 'biggest influence' in Rangers defeat was the referee in furious blast

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Sounds like the sheep were played off the park and lucky to escape a humiliation? Not at all, they wuz robbed.

McInnes claims 'biggest influence' in Rangers defeat was the referee in furious blast

To be fair to the Beeb they are only reporting what McInnes said. Lets not get paranoid. If i was the Aberdeen manager I would have thought that.

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

And the goal chopped off for offside that was onside....yes the referee did have an influence - it should have been 3-0. I also disagree that 2nd penalty was not. It surely was, the way games are reffed means you have to go down and exaggerate the incident to get anything! Should Katic be ashamed as per Thomson, McInnes have said? No chance, he was doing his job. I don’t recall the same levied at Brown when Morelos and Kent caught him with their handbags, that resulted in a combined 6 game ban.