Should Morelos start this weekend?

Was Defoe not a doubt before the Aberdeen match? If Defoe is playing with an injury we should start Morelos, but if Defoe is fit he should keep his place and Morelos should be on the bench. What a great dilemma to have. 

Looked off the pace in his brief appearence yesterday.

Defoe stays ahead of him in pecking order iMO

Although the question becomes......... How will SG&Co set-up for the OF match ?

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Looked off the pace in his brief appearence yesterday.

Defoe stays ahead of him in pecking order iMO

Although the question becomes......... How will SG&Co set-up for the OF match ?

Still should have scored a couple, though.

I would start with Defoe next week.

25 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Still should have scored a couple, though.

I would start with Defoe next week.

Absolute no-brainer, I don't think it's even a debate.

Even on the cameo yesterday you can tell how Morelos changes the way we play. He's more selfish than Defoe IMO and tends to make a lot of wrong decisions on the ball. Defoe is more of a team player for me and that has been shown in our recent unbeaten run

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Even on the cameo yesterday you can tell how Morelos changes the way we play. He's more selfish than Defoe IMO and tends to make a lot of wrong decisions on the ball. Defoe is more of a team player for me and that has been shown in our recent unbeaten run

Totally disagree. Morelos adds more to the team than Defoe and is a better all round player. 

I'd start Morelos next week. 

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

Totally disagree. Morelos adds more to the team than Defoe and is a better all round player. 

I'd start Morelos next week. 

Agree to disagree. I think we look like better team with Defoe and it comes down to percentages for me. If we create 4/5 chances against them, I'd want Defoe to be on the end of them not Morelos. If you also factor in Morelos discipline problem. We are now at the stage that it's a 50/50 chance he's going to get a red card in this game so Defoe all the way.

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agree to disagree. I think we look like better team with Defoe and it comes down to percentages for me. If we create 4/5 chances against them, I'd want Defoe to be on the end of them not Morelos. If you also factor in Morelos discipline problem. We are now at the stage that it's a 50/50 chance he's going to get a red card in this game so Defoe all the way.

The tactics of the team have changed recently so is it really the formation that looks better rather than the fact that Defoe is in the team? 

I also have my doubts about the suitability of that formation against Celtic, but despite that, I believe we need a physical challenge next week and Defoe doesn't provide that. 

The fact that Morelos is refereed differently from other players is certainly a reason for considering Defoe, which, to me, is a far bigger issue than his discipline. 

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

The tactics of the team have changed recently so is it really the formation that looks better rather than the fact that Defoe is in the team? 

I also have my doubts about the suitability of that formation against Celtic, but despite that, I believe we need a physical challenge next week and Defoe doesn't provide that. 

The fact that Morelos is refereed differently from other players is certainly a reason for considering Defoe, which, to me, is a far bigger issue than his discipline. 

They way he is refereed is out of our control so if we concentrate on how we can influence the game, removing Morelos from another potential red card would be the sensible choice