Duo Up For PFA Scotland Awards

Pretty sure Ian McCall's comments are relevant!!!

If a McGregor should win it then it should be Allan McGregor. How has he gone under the radar?

Morelos unpopularity will mean he doesnt win it although has been head and shoulders above the rest upfront over the season and you have to take his early European form into things. From our perspective its just been a discipline issue.

The annual laughing stock that is the POTY voting. This lost the very last of its credibility in 2005 when they gave it as a joint award between Ricksen and Hartson, when neither would have made the top 5 of each teams best players that season. Celtic had many players who had better seasons than Hartson, and Ricksen had a few decent games for us but was miles behind others for best Rangers player.

Since 2005, the list of winners has been laughable, yet it is still taken seriously as a proper award and a reflection of the season about to end.

For Kent to make the top 4 players in Scotland is obscene, he wouldnt be in my top 4 for Rangers POTY (McGregor, Morelos, Goldson, Tavernier are by miles and miles the top 4 players for us this season), so how the Liverpool loanee made it onto this list is a strange one. I wont comment on the two bheasts nominated as I dont watch a lot of their games, but if Forrest is the best they have got we should hang our heads in shame that we didnt beat them to the title. McGregor has had a good season from what I hear from mates who follow them and is a fair shout.

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

For Kent to make the top 4 players in Scotland is obscene, he wouldnt be in my top 4 for Rangers POTY (McGregor, Morelos, Goldson, Tavernier are by miles and miles the top 4 players for us this season), so how the Liverpool loanee made it onto this list is a strange one. I wont comment on the two bheasts nominated as I dont watch a lot of their games, but if Forrest is the best they have got we should hang our heads in shame that we didnt beat them to the title. McGregor has had a good season from what I hear from mates who follow them and is a fair shout.

Am I missing something as I believe these names are put forward from fellow players for nomination,and no other source,therefore it is an accolade to be nominated.

2 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Who needs friends eh?

Ian McCall doesnt deserve the right to comment on the top flight POTY nominations, an absolute nobody.

Why has this Rangers bashing started to become more popular?  We've had McCoist, Ferguson, Boyd, McCall, Dodds, and plenty of other ex-Rangers step in to cause our club harm?  Is it necessary to be anti-Rangers to be quoted these days?  And even if it is, why are so many ex-Gers so quick to put the boot in?  Why don't they politely decline a comment if they have nothing good to say?

Some like McCall and Dodds are nobodies anyway, but how disappointing it is to see people like McCoist and Ferguson speak of our club the way they do.  When we win 55 and the invites are going out for the biggest party ever, our club icons should all be invited, however guys like these should be blacklisted.  They can sit outside with their BBC and daily rag chums.

Our club had a code of conduct at one stage, and ensured we maintained a level of class and dignity that was unrivalled.  What has happened to that?  Of course we all know that Ferguson and Boyd were classless morons while they were at the club (in contrast with their playing abilities) so maybe they shouldn't be a surprise, but others just shock me.  I often wonder what John Greig thinks when he looks at people like Barry Ferguson.  Both were very successful Rangers.  Both were captains.  That, sadly, is where the similarities end.

Its also strange that some of our foreign icons like Albertz, Laudrup, Lovenkrands, Novo and Negri remain loyal while the homegrown ones don't appear to have the same respect for a club that gave them so much.

Any ideas why some of our more recent crop of ex-players seek to do us damage?  Whatever the reason, it's sad.

Edited by Gaffer

22 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Am I missing something as I believe these names are put forward from fellow players for nomination,and no other source,therefore it is an accolade to be nominated.

I may be thinking of the writers award! However the players award is still highly influenced by the mhedia, given players are among the few that still buy tabloid newspapers regularly. 

13 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I may be thinking of the writers award! However the players award is still highly influenced by the mhedia, given players are among the few that still buy tabloid newspapers regularly. 

Surely it's the one area where most of the players can and will think for themselves, or at least within their own prejudices.

30 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

With so many players from other countries I cannot see them buying tabloids.

13 minutes ago, buster. said:

Surely it's the one area where most of the players can and will think for themselves, or at least within their own prejudices.

I would like to think this is more to the point.