Captain Tav's stats for 18/19 season

• Frankie changed the title to Captain Tav's stats for 18/19 season

He gave the goal away that cost us any chance of the title and possibly millions of CL money ... and you wonder what Alfredo`s stats were if he had been the penalty taker of choice. Just saying.

Great season for him, no doubt, but I`m sorry to say that his back pass will give me a few more nightmares ...

Edited by der Berliner

10 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Great season for him, no doubt, but I`m sorry to say that his back pass will give me a few more nightmares ...

Me too,but with his stats surprised he has not been watched for the national team down south.

Tierney won POTY 2 years in a row I believe for far less performances and now Forest won it. Totally balls  Tav or Morelos should have been POTY by a country mile.

When it comes to anything official from the SFA, SPFL, CO or these awards, you would have thought that nothing is going to surprise you any longer. In fact, it doesn`t. You just see the rubbish that filters through and nod your head knowing that your general assessement of that lot is correct.

12 hours ago, der Berliner said:

He gave the goal away that cost us any chance of the title and possibly millions of CL money ... and you wonder what Alfredo`s stats were if he had been the penalty taker of choice. Just saying.

Thats just utter nonsense DB, to choose that one error when referring errors like on Sunday, Easter Road (twice), and player errors like Worrell at kilmarnock in jan which took all our momentum away are much more responsible than that. Given what Tav has provided at the other end, to pick out that one costly error (and it is not as if it was an open goal from that moment, we had other opportunities to prevent that error becoming a goal) is being overly critical.

10 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Thats just utter nonsense DB, to choose that one error when referring errors like on Sunday, Easter Road (twice), and player errors like Worrell at kilmarnock in jan which took all our momentum away are much more responsible than that. Given what Tav has provided at the other end, to pick out that one costly error (and it is not as if it was an open goal from that moment, we had other opportunities to prevent that error becoming a goal) is being overly critical.

How can you say something is nonsense when it is the one thing that will stick in my memory? It won't be the only thing that sticks in my memories of Tav, but I still think about it every now and then. It is m#neither the only thing that cost us the title, yet, at the time it killed any realistic hopes.

As I pointed out elsewhere, had Alfredo been the penalty taker of choice and say scored at least 10 of those we had, he would be up there chasing for the Golden Boot and more clubs would look at him and might be willing to spend a few more million on him than what we can expect now. All ifs and buts, but things one can throw in.

I have no problem with Tav and think he gives his all. Quite a bit of this is down to team effort though, i.e. folk covering him when he ventures forward. Stats don't lie, as they say. But they also don't tell the whole story. Hence, while I am accepting his effort and deeds, I'm not jumping on any bandwaggon just yet.